Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace after Buckley. (according to Palace journo)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Of course this could all be a smokescreen for our real target ? ( obertan from newcastle ) ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course this could all be a smokescreen for our real target ? ( obertan from newcastle ) ???

That would be a brilliant photo opportunity , Obertan holding the shirt up next to Overtan holding on to his garish toupee.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That would be a brilliant photo opportunity , Obertan holding the shirt up next to Overtan holding on to his garish toupee.

Not bad for you soggy :) your on a charge to retain your crown aren't you .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Hello my dear friend...just one question...if you can waste £8m for Gayle....you surely must be willing to pay top dollar for Buckley....

£8m on Gayle? Christ, you lot love to exaggerate don't you? Even the most optimistic Brighton fan only says we paid £6m for him!

By all accounts the fee was £4.5m up front and it looks to be a decent buy. His goal against Villa/Sunderland earning us 6 points could be absolutely crucial in our fight to survive.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Taking aside the cost of decontamination, I doubt there are many on here who would swap Buckley for either of these two, or indeed both.

A view that I'd wager is not taken seriously anywhere outside of Brighton. Bolasie and Puncheon are much better players than Buckley.

Buckley has been in my opinion pretty poor for a while now. Cant beat his man and fails to provide any kind of end product. I would say sell for 2 million upwards however... The squad is worryingly thin at the moment to the point where promotion would almost be a bad things in terms of the expensive. unsettling overhaul that would be needed to adapt to the league.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I'd be a little more worried if our top players weren't wanted. Are many clubs queuing up to buy the Palace, er, "stars"? Or did we miss all those stories?

Everyone knows that Palace won't sell anyone. We need every player we've got to try to stay up and can't afford to let anyone leave.

Despite that, we've heard in only the last week that Fiorentina want Bolasie and Cardiff want Williams. Fortunately for us, Joniesta signed a new contract the other today to put those rumours to bed.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I say again. Do the Palace scouts only have a car they can use on the A23 going south?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
IMO it would be a senseless and crazy decision to sell yet another of our best players at this time. Buckley's form will return when he regains his full fitness and his value, which last year was being quoted nearly 3 times what it is now, will be higher. Also, cant believe that we still haven't replaced any of those who have left or are supposedly leaving. All very worrying...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Apparently a bid of£1.5m has been lodged ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Apparently a bid of£1.5m has been lodged ???

Parish really needs to stop the insultingly low bidding which he knows gets him nowhere.

Why turn down 1.75 million from Sunderland, yet accept a 1.5 million bid from Palace?

Charming is just playing to the gallery - he deserves to cock up this window as much as he did the last one :lolol:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
A view that I'd wager is not taken seriously anywhere outside of Brighton. Bolasie and Puncheon are much better players than Buckley.

:FFSPuncheon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here