Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P&R for Villareal/Norwich

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Got to bring this up again I'm afraid. So at £12 (plus fees) there is no P&R. Accepted, but can we park in Mithras House as usual and pay for one of the frequent buses running to the Uni?
I see that the new parking restrictions are in use for both friendlies.

Re the parking restrictions I rang the AMEX last week and was told that for the 2 friendlies there wudnt b any enforcement ..make of that u will

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Re the parking restrictions I rang the AMEX last week and was told that for the 2 friendlies there wudnt b any enforcement ..make of that u will

Can we have that in writing?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I noticed at the weekend that the yellow signs at either end of Mill Roar state that it WILL be used for Amex park and ride on the night of the Villarreal game...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I noticed at the weekend that the yellow signs at either end of Mill Roar state that it WILL be used for Amex park and ride on the night of the Villarreal game...

That's true. They've forgotten to take them down (it's up to the council I think)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

So you can park there but it will be a mighty long walk.

I bought tickets on Saturday for both friendlies for me and CWWW jnr - I do not think I would have bothered if I knew there was no P and R (and I bought in person from the shop, it wasn't mentioned)
Yes I know I can get public transport but will there be any extra capacity on this ?
Some clever sod will say well you should have asked - but I didn't need to ask for the Tottenham Friendly or Chelsea or England under 19s.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any one else who knows that area, think that sketch makes it look like the ground is right in front of the car park .What is that in Woolards field that could be mistaken for the Amex?

lol! If you look on google earth it's even worse as they still haven't got the Amex on there yet their advise that aerial photos are updated roughly every three years!!!! (although if you click on view/historical imagery, strangely it does show a building site as opposed to a field!)

So you can park there but it will be a mighty long walk.

I bought tickets on Saturday for both friendlies for me and CWWW jnr - I do not think I would have bothered if I knew there was no P and R (and I bought in person from the shop, it wasn't mentioned)
Yes I know I can get public transport but will there be any extra capacity on this ?
Some clever sod will say well you should have asked - but I didn't need to ask for the Tottenham Friendly or Chelsea or England under 19s.

Can I be that clever sod?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Can I be that clever sod?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can - although this is the first match with no P and R, so I will not be the only one caught out/pissed off. And there will be a lot of fans that do not read NSC that will turn up on the night expecting it to be there.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
But back to 'where to park'.
I have no option other than drive in. Where do I park? The new parking restrictions ARE in place, 100% sure. Lewes seems a good option for me but is there free or cheap plentiful parking near the station? Three of us meet normally at Mithrus House.
No one has mentioned any pub (Woodingdean) that offers P&R.
Perhaps someone with contacts at the club could ask if we can park at Mithrus and pay for a bus.
And if there are NO P&R buses does that mean we will all be in search of the single bus back into town?
Hoping for a very low gate. Meanwhile, sorry Newport, game off unless I find this easy.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have no option other than drive in. Where do I park? The new parking restrictions ARE in place, 100% sure. Lewes seems a good option for me but is there free or cheap plentiful parking near the station? Three of us meet normally at Mithrus House.
Perhaps someone with contacts at the club could ask if we can park at Mithrus and pay for a bus.
And if there are NO P&R buses does that mean we will all be in search of the single bus back into town?
Hoping for a very low gate. Meanwhile, sorry Newport, game off unless I find this easy.
it's only 25 mins walk from Mithras.

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
Drew, Thanks for the link. That is clear - No wonder you said it was on the website in the first place. Why the club could not post it at a higher level (like under 'parking' !!) rather than where you found it is still a mystery. Thanks again.

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting

Last season the Downs Hotel in Woodingdean was running a shuttle bus - they may be doing it again this year - sorry I should have looked up their number before I replied

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here