Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Own Goal from Palarse favouring England Manager

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Gallagher is a good player. Difficult to like as he has a tendency to dive but nevertheless a good midfielder in a country that does not have too many them.

He is not a Crystal Palace player though, just temporarily playing for them, and he is making sure he never will be.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Gallagher is a good player. Difficult to like as he has a tendency to dive but nevertheless a good midfielder in a country that does not have too many them.

He is not a Crystal Palace player though, just temporarily playing for them, and he is making sure he never will be.

Having watched every game he has played this season I haven’t seen him dive once, if anything he stands on his feet and fights for the ball even if it appears he has been fouled.

His keenness and the fact he plays with a smile in his face makes him hard not to like.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Having watched every game he has played this season I haven’t seen him dive once, if anything he stands on his feet and fights for the ball even if it appears he has been fouled.

His keenness and the fact he plays with a smile in his face makes him hard not to like.

You might be right or you might be biased, I've not seen enough Palace to make conclusions on this season, but he spent a lot of time on the pitch last season just looking for free kicks.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

You never see Zaha dive tho.... see where the problem might lie?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Southgate isn't biased against Brighton. He is biased against players that weren't part of the under 21 set up. It's that simple. In time as we progress you'll see players in the U21 and therefore a much better chance of getting into the full England squad.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Southgate isn't biased against Brighton. He is biased against players that weren't part of the under 21 set up. It's that simple. In time as we progress you'll see players in the U21 and therefore a much better chance of getting into the full England squad.

If you are correct, then Southgate is a bigger fool than I thought he was.

Many players are late developers and won't have been representing England in the young age groups. Slabhead Maguire only appeared once for U21s. Tyrone Mings never appeared for England U21s.

That does undermine your opinion on the reasons behind Southgate's bias against Dunk.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

This is the crux of it. Also, they have to be part of Covid bubbles and the like which makes it easier for an U-21 player to become part of the England squad rather than dragging in a fringe player.

Gallagher might be Palace - for now at least - but I've also been very impressed with him this season when I've seen him. There are bigger fights i'd pick with Southgate if I had to.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I can’t believe some of you still believe Southgate is not picking Dunk because of his Palace association.
Dunk failed to impressed when called up in previous England squads, they gave him a Cap, then looked at younger and more long term options.
I’m sure the England coaching team know what they are doing.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I can’t believe some of you still believe Southgate is not picking Dunk because of his Palace association.
Dunk failed to impressed when called up in previous England squads, they gave him a Cap, then looked at younger and more long term options.
I’m sure the England coaching team know what they are doing.

So Lewis Dunk 29 is being replaced in the squad by younger and more longer term options like Coady 28 and Mings 28??

Sure you want to lead with that argument?

Whatever the reason Southgate has a blind spot regarding Dunk and he is worthy of more than one cap when other inferior players are getting the call ups.

Even with your Palace tinted glasses on you surely cannot be claiming those players are a better option in the squad?

Personally I think Dunks England career is over and he has probably accepted this but he must want to kick his TV across the room when he sees some of the players who consistently get caps over him.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
21 yr old footballer having a superb season gets called up into England squad shock horror.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I feel sorry for Dunk that he has not had more caps but as a Brighton fan more than happy that he is not picked because his head might be turned by some of the knobheads who are picked and if he did well then one of the top 6 clubs would have been in.

I am not sure Dunk is better than Coady or Stones or Mcguire , all have strengths and all have weaknesses but he is certainly better than Mings and Villa fans say he is not their best defender either....

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I know what's the big deal. this tread stinks of sour grapes! :p

Indeed.

He's not even a Palace player. If he carries on playing well he'll end up somewhere else next season. If his form trails of spectacularly he might get a permanent move to Palace.

Good luck to the lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here