Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owlsonline preview

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yorkshire (including Sheffield) is the UKs equivalent of American tourists. Ie whenever they venture outside their own (cobbled) back doors it seems to trigger a default setting where they must:
a) talk very loudly
b) tell everyone they're from Yorkshire, "Tis god's con-tray" (self styled obviously) and instantly compare everything to Yorkshire where it's of course far better blah zzzzzz blah....

As others have said already, it's hard to get annoyed at them though as they wander round in blissful ignorance and I've certainly never had the heart to tell them that there is no god for starters. And if there were, why the heck would he or she select Yorkshire as his/hers "con-tray"? The former is more believable of the two if anything.

Nah, I just chuckle to myself at them, safe in the knowledge the rest of the UK does similarly when bored by 'yarksher folk with inferiority complexes.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Two-part tweet from Owls Online: "Regarding the first draft of the preview that was posted earlier. We apologise unreservedly for any upset caused. It was never the intention of the writer and Owlsonline. Thanks to all who have been in touch, your comments have been noted. @FvHtweets"

Well it clearly ****ing was the intention of the writer.

Sheffield Wednesday

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
"Clubs like Reading who only believe in the past five years".

In all fairness, I consider the last five years far more relevant than 1900's memories. I also find it funny how these so called 'big clubs' can't fill half their stadium. Shocking really, especially for the F.A. Cup champions of 1934-5!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was never 'the intention' of the writer, to write, the words that he, errr, wrote?

It was all some fantastically unlucky auto-correct mistake on his iPad?

I have to admit, this did make me laugh! Not as much though as.... Sheffield Wednesday! :lolol::lolol:

theboybilly

Back in the day when I was a long-distance truck driver my mate 'Yorkie' Smith used to bang on about how 'were it for th'teen bloody miles, Yorkshire would cut this country in 'alf '. IIRC it's at High Bentham on the Lancashire border that Yorkshire falls short of not quite making it coast to coast. Every time he turned up in the pub it was the same...Yorkshire this, Yorkshire that. As for the Owls blog, it's a bit rich complaining about Donny's time-wasting tactics as, along with Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday have been the worst exponents at the Amex this season. Boring, dirty barstewards

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This comment about some flag, did Brighton fans really do this? I don't remember it.

"A large flag was passed over their "fans" heads stating "**** Off South Yorkshire Murdering *******s" "SYP c**ts" and similar ditties. It was cobbled together after Cameron's famous "Liverpool fans don't drink before games and they all had tickets," rant, Scarves were on sale with Brighton on one half and "remember the 96" on the other. Pictures of this flag were shown on TV news and featured in the Press. I complained to the FA that the flag was tantamount to causing disorder and to Cameron's Office (I lived locally then). I received no reply.
I complained to Brighton themselves- no reply.
So my dislike of Brighton fans is not homophobic it is based on a section of their fans being 100% moronic c**ts whose behaviour is endorsed by their club, the FA and the PM. "

When was this supposed to have happened?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And surely it's no coincidence that Yorkies are the biggest...but not best chocolate bars?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm sick of all this homophobia we have to suffer all the time. I mean , why us? Anyway, I'm running myself a warm bath with a lovely new bath-bomb from lush. Then I shall snuggle up on the sofa in my onesie with a nice cup of non-yorkshire tea and a box of chocs, watch my 'sex in the city' DVD and to hell with the lot of them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When was this supposed to have happened?

The suggestion is that it was at the Amex, same poster suggested they were all held back at the Amex too. Think he may have had one too many WKDs or somesuch

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The suggestion is that it was at the Amex, same poster suggested they were all held back at the Amex too. Think he may have had one too many WKDs or somesuch

It seems to me that he's made the whole thing up, but it is a nasty slur all the same.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
This comment about some flag, did Brighton fans really do this? I don't remember it.

"A large flag was passed over their "fans" heads stating "**** Off South Yorkshire Murdering *******s" "SYP c**ts" and similar ditties. It was cobbled together after Cameron's famous "Liverpool fans don't drink before games and they all had tickets," rant, Scarves were on sale with Brighton on one half and "remember the 96" on the other. Pictures of this flag were shown on TV news and featured in the Press. I complained to the FA that the flag was tantamount to causing disorder and to Cameron's Office (I lived locally then). I received no reply.
So my dislike of Brighton fans is not homophobic it is based on a section of their fans being 100% moronic c**ts whose behaviour is endorsed by their club, the FA and the PM. "

Strange how nobody else remembers this. Not one Brighton or Wednesday fan has any recollection of this flag. I'll admit we have some utter moron fans, but I reckon they'd have been a pretty big fall-out on here if somebody had a banner/flag saying "South Yorkshire Murdering W*nkers." Hell, even if it was true then surely that's a slur at the police, rather than Sheffield Wednesday. I wouldn't hate a club because they thought Brighton police were scum. Its just strange.

Lets face it, the blokes so far in the closet that he's finding hidden Christmas presents and has to make up reasons to hate us "Bummers".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It seems to me that he's made the whole thing up, but it is a nasty slur all the same.

In this day and age when pretty much everyone is a walking paparazzo (armed with a smartphone), you would think there would be some photographic evidence.

In this age, after billions of years of evolution, whereby the vast majority of us have the capability to remember occasions, happenings and incidents, someone else would remember that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In this day and age when pretty much everyone is a walking paparazzo (armed with a smartphone), you would think there would be some photographic evidence.

In this age, after billions of years of evolution, whereby the vast majority of us have the capability to remember occasions, happenings and incidents, someone else would remember that.

There would be evidence from the tv news and press he maintains that he saw.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

VqImlSz.jpg

Last edited:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
All Yorkshiremen and their clanfolk are b@stards.

(I'm half Lancastrian)

Is this no better than the vile homphobia? hating someone because they are gay (a person cannot chose their sexuality) or hating someone because they were born in a certain county (a person cannot chose where they were born)?

Not much difference in my view.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Have we ever passed a flag over our heads at the Amex? I'm pretty sure something would have been said at the time if this actually happened and where are these 'features' in the press?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is this no better than the vile homphobia? hating someone because they are gay (a person cannot chose their sexuality) or hating someone because they were born in a certain county (a person cannot chose where they were born)?

Not much difference in my view.

That was really the point. Old and boring hatred and generalisations.

The same boring stuff that gets churned out every time we play the Germans. "Two World Wars and One World Cup..." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I find the whole winding or attempting to wind up the opposition incredibly dull. I'd rather have a jolly good sing song and pay no attention to the opposition.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have we ever passed a flag over our heads at the Amex? I'm pretty sure something would have been said at the time if this actually happened and where are these 'features' in the press?

It's funny how there are about 500 extant photos of that banner the Ipswich inbreds brought down here and not one of this incident. Perhaps the bloke dropped acid and hallucinated the whole thing whilst being bummed on Dukes Mound :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here