Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over ten years since we "sold" the Goldstone

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Brighton till i die said:

BRIGHTON__HOVE_ALBION_0596.jpg
Despite people saying it was a crumbling wreck it looks in pretty good nick in this picture. Sadly I never made it to the Goldstone and is a big regret of mine. :nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sitting here thinking that but for the defience shown by the fans and players in that last season at the Goldstone, would we have survived at all.

If the sale wasn't to happen (or known of) and without all the protests etc would we in fact have won all those important games at home, afterall I seem to remember our home record the last part of the season was second to none, how much of that was due to the circumstances and would we have just lain over and died but for the hatred of the three riders of our apolypse.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Croydonbloke said:

to be honest mate - some of those pics do make me feel really sad about the old terraces - really miss 'em.

that terrace behind the goal at smellhurst does look impressive when packed - the whole feeling of being in the middle of a massive terrace is like no other.

how the f*** can any1 prefer all seater stadiums?
:clap:

Wes

Aug 23, 2005
Brighton
I miss my old seat. I have pictures of the old Goldstone strewn around my room, and even if we get Falmer i'll still miss the old ground.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Hiney said:
Any excuse to trot this one out.

07132004011643pm2bt.jpg

Shit - just realised this is the f*** OFF huge version

Oh what the heck

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
The car park was huge!!

What`s the dodgy line across the pitch or was that where your defender slid in 10 minutes late after Wrighty left him standing back 1988.

Croydonbloke said:
The car park was huge!!

What`s the dodgy line across the pitch or was that where your defender slid in 10 minutes late after Wrighty left him standing back 1988.

Presumably that would be when we stuffed you 3-1 on Boxing day:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Brighton till i die said:
and last one from me...one of my fav's of the north stand....:clap:

BRIGHTON__HOVE_ALBION_0596.jpg

Isn't that the pic used in the original CM2?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here