Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Performances need to improve...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Great result tonight but we were gifted the win by Leeds. Performances recently have not been good enough recently, big improvement needed in the next few games if we are to pick up wins
Beating Norwich 5-0 beating a decent Fulham side 2-1, grinding out points away making Leeds look average despite their recent run of form THINGS HAVE JUST NOT BEEN GOOD ENOUGH RECENTLY. :facepalm:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We are playing similar to Middlesbrough last season,not yet at our best every game but very difficult to break down and score against.Wait until Kayal returns stronger, he turns defence into attack quicker(needed away) but he's replacements are doing a great job

Good comparison. I often think that this season. Much as Boro were annoying and a bit dull last year, they were very strong physically and had that look of a team that would always get the result somehow. We still haven't started playing as well as the back end of last season. If we do, should be able to tear anyone apart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To add to the FFS what more do you want club:-

On reflection I think last night was a mirror image of Mr Hughton.

It was a calm, rational, level headed performance, played out in the most professional manner possible.
Nothing more, nothing less.

It's clear Leeds had been studied, our team had been coached and everyone did what they were supposed to do.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Great result tonight but we were gifted the win by Leeds. Performances recently have not been good enough recently, big improvement needed in the next few games if we are to pick up wins

It looked more dominant on the TV. Lacking a bit in excitement and entertainment. If we are going to win easy, It is good if it is party time!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You must have been . The only other chance I remember was a half chance for Murray which he just managed to toe poke towards goal .

Taylor got past Bruno once on the overlap, two v one, SHOCK! That hasn't happened since last season.

Disallowed goal looked so good to me, I thought it was foregone that it would be given and thought it was a good goal until I saw the Leeds fans clapping. Leeds must have the referee to thank that the score was only 2-0.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
How would going all out attack at 1-0 up against 10 men at home, upping the tempo, potentially leaving ourselves exposed at the back, for what, maybe another 1 or 2 more goals for the goal difference at best or losing our lead at worst, be of any benefit, especially when we have a long away trip to prepare for on Tuesday? Those saying we didn't play well are, of course, entitled to their opinions, but they do seem somewhat illogical. Our players barely had to break a sweat, which is exactly what Hughton wanted with a long, tough away trip on the horizon.

Of course we all want to see us smashing teams into oblivion, but the measured approach is definitely the correct one.
It was fairly obvious what had been said to the players at half time. 1-0 up and playing against 10 men, the orders were to keep the ball, be patient and not to expend too much energy. A little frustrating to watch when it felt like we could have been racking up the goals and ripping them apart, but entirely the right thing to do in current circumstances. It is, as someone said elsewhere, a snickers not a sprint.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
On your knees to the Messiah. CH has only one thing in mind - promotion. Keep the faith boys and girls, TOTL on cruise control smells like.................victory.
:bowdown::bhasign:

We were not totally clinical last night but that was a lot down to Monk shutting up shop pulling Roofe back into midfield and then hoping that an isolated Wood would summon up some one off chance. But certainly our attackers will have better days. But what Hughton is achieving without Kayal remains nothing short of remarkable - the shape of the team is now as solid as I've seen it

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Why don't you, and people like you just trust what our club are doing? Why do you think you can be the manager? Because your point of view, along with many others, is telling our manager how to play. It is out of my scope to understand how ridiculous you people read. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Hey fella, calm down, have I expressed any desire to be manager, am I telling CH how to play the game, am I ridiculous,no. If you feel that the shots on target last night, at home against ten men was acceptable thats fine, but for me I feel we could have done a better. Thats it nothing more and i'm sure there are many who would agree. We let Leeds off the hook last year and we did it again last night, they offered very little.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think some people can under-estimate the physical and mental toll it takes playing games four days apart.

The Albion seem to be pacing themselves well, and what was encouraging is that nobody looked dead on their feet at the end, so there appears to be plenty left in the tank for Blackburn.

Swapping Sidwell for Norwood worked very well. I think what is important now is that Hemed makes an impact when he replaces Murray; we will have to manage Glenn and that means bringing him off with 15-20 minutes to go. Whether Hemed can nick goals in the closing stages could be vital for us, as invariably we'll be subbing Glenn with the scores level. Last night was encouraging in that respect.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We have not played half as well as we did last season yet. Results are flattering to deceive.
Not moaning, just cautionary objective. Winning the points but not due to outstanding performances.

This time last season we hadn't won a game by more than one goal. This season we are winning games by 2 goals or more regularly. We've been mixed since the international break but picked up eight points from four games (including Villa, Fulham and Leeds). I see only reasons to be positive.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hey fella, calm down, have I expressed any desire to be manager, am I telling CH how to play the game, am I ridiculous,no. If you feel that the shots on target last night, at home against ten men was acceptable thats fine, but for me I feel we could have done a better. Thats it nothing more and i'm sure there are many who would agree. We let Leeds off the hook last year and we did it again last night, they offered very little.

But we won. We didn't let them off the hook. It's not like we drew 1-1. We got three points without too much effort and now have an extra day to prepare for another game on Tuesday. All seems pretty good to me. I imagine most fans are happy to get another three points (as you can see from this thread).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here