Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Performances need to improve...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Great result tonight but we were gifted the win by Leeds. Performances recently have not been good enough recently, big improvement needed in the next few games if we are to pick up wins

May I say do one without being condescending? Probably not. We didn't break a sweat tonight.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We won at a canter, but seem to make hard work of it against ten men. We are becoming a typical Hughton side, strong in defence and stubborn to break down, but I would like to see a little more sparkle up front. I'm not decrying the victory it was a good three points just not that great a watch. Chris Hughton will bring us results and that is what will get us promoted and as has been said previously, every match can't be a Norwich.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Great result tonight but we were gifted the win by Leeds. Performances recently have not been good enough recently, big improvement needed in the next few games if we are to pick up wins

Don't know what match you watched , we completely controlled the whole match , Leeds didn't have one shot on goal and we won 2 - 0 what else do you want ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We won at a canter, but seem to make hard work of it against ten men. We are becoming a typical Hughton side, strong in defence and stubborn to break down, but I would like to see a little more sparkle up front. I'm not decrying the victory it was a good three points just not that great a watch. Chris Hughton will bring us results and that is what will get us promoted and as has been said previously, every match can't be a Norwich.

Would you? Really? Isn't top of the Championship in Hughton's mould good enough?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't know what match you watched , we completely controlled the whole match , Leeds didn't have one shot on goal and we won 2 - 0 what else do you want ?

I do find it quite incredulous that some people (mainly here and rarely/never go) can talk such shite when we have just gone top of the league against a fourth placed team. "Oh we weren't good", "We need to improve", etc., etc., et al. What a load of bollocks, what do they want? Real Madrid? Well go f*cking support Real Madrid you deluded aholes! We won in a canter. Do these people know football? Have they played it? Do they understand how it works? I despair, but I'm happy despite these threads.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only 1 side in it.

Leeds defence was creaking at times. If we'd scored 3 we'd have scored 8.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
We won. We didn't have to break a sweat. We have 2 more games in the next 7 days. We are close to having a fully fit squad with no suspensions. You can just see me in the new bench photo wall mural on the East Lower concourse.

Most of these are relevant facts that should make us all have a very satisfied sleep tonight.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The perfect performance. They are doing enough to win the games. I'm sure if they needed too they could step up the tempo. But they didn't need to. Controlled and dominated a team who had won 5 out of 6. That's good enough for me

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
When they went down to 10 and gave us the Penalty the game was over. I thought they were better than us for 20-30 mins after the first goal tbh. Our defence is quality but going forward we looked devoid of ideas as we have in the past few games

This is the perfect moment for that face palm thingemebob

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes I would, as I stated in my post a good win, but surely i'm allowed to express the opinion that i would like see something more interesting up front. I'm not sure how many shots we had or those on target, I can't remember many especially against ten men.

Why don't you, and people like you just trust what our club are doing? Why do you think you can be the manager? Because your point of view, along with many others, is telling our manager how to play. It is out of my scope to understand how ridiculous you people read. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought we were great.

We were excellent in the first half - completely bullied Leeds and didn't allow then to create anything.

2nd half we took our foot off the gas and never needed to move out of second gear. A nice, easy warm up game before a very busy period. Perfect.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought we were great.

We were excellent in the first half - completely bullied Leeds and didn't allow then to create anything.

2nd half we took our foot off the gas and never needed to move out of second gear. A nice, easy warm up game before a very busy period. Perfect.

And when you watched them bully and beat Villa last weekend I would go as far as to say this was a monumental performance from our lads, and they didn't even break into a sweat!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I have no quibble at all over the game.
I enjoyed it, we won and are top of the League.
Has made me a very happy bunny for the coming weekend.

Don't try to over analyse. Enjoy the moment.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
We have not played half as well as we did last season yet. Results are flattering to deceive.
Not moaning, just cautionary objective. Winning the points but not due to outstanding performances.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought we were superb tonight. So SO dominant, could've easily been 4-0. You were at a different game to me.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thought the performance was decent enough. I'd say we were very efficient. We controlled it 11v11 and would of been 1-0 up bar the handball anyway. After that they didn't really get out of 2nd gear. We kept the ball and moved it about nicely, without going into an all out attack mode. We didnt give them a sniff and we created a few decent chances, which we should of done better from. Very professional and full marks all round

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

In case you haven't noticed, we are top of the league!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here