Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She is clearly making the statement that 'Brexit means Brexit' by appointing the Three Brexiteers to the three main brexit posts. She is not 'up to something', just doing what she said she would do.

We'll see.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So ignoring the fact that for many years he represented a multicultural London, with high approval ratings and good results.... marketing London across the world.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Boris is a diplomatic incident due to a gaffe waiting to happen, imo. He's simply bound to say something stupid again - he has form. His "Boris is a lovable buffoon" schtick can play ok to many in the UK, but he'll not receive such a forgiving audience abroad, where equally powerful politicians as he will be seeking an excuse to make political capital. I think he'll have to resign over some scandal before the 2020 GE.

It's a pretty high risk appointment, imo.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The three Brexiteers and Osborne sacked whats there not to like.

If May is not up to anything and Boris is a genuine post then anyne who believes his appointment as Foreign Secretary is a good idea, whatever your position on Brexit, is a total moron.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Look at the failure of BHS: do you really think a low rate of corporation tax would have saved the company and employees' jobs or would it have shovelled more into off-shore tax havens?

well i know that high corporation tax wouldn't help them, and a lower tax mean less incentive to shovel anything into off-shore tax havens. the problems you highlight are not dependent on corporation tax either way.

the point i'm making is that its standard economic theory that corporation taxes lower investment (why invest here at high tax, when there is low tax?) and the case is usually made for it having a negative impact on employment and salaries (lowers RoI, so other areas of cost are reduced to compensate). we like to tax companies because they have big fat pots of profit easy to tax, and it seems right that they contribute (though apparently not if they dont make a profit), however its not without consequence.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
If May is not up to anything and Boris is a genuine post then anyne who believes his appointment as Foreign Secretary is a good idea, whatever your position on Brexit, is a total moron.

Whats quite funny is London voted twice to keep him as Mayor of London yet majority of Londoners voted remain. So he must have something to offer.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Boris is a diplomatic incident due to a gaffe waiting to happen, imo. He's simply bound to say something stupid again - he has form. His "Boris is a lovable buffoon" schtick can play ok to many in the UK, but he'll not receive such a forgiving audience abroad, where equally powerful politicians as he will be seeking an excuse to make political capital. I think he'll have to resign over some scandal before the 2020 GE.

It's a pretty high risk appointment, imo.

Part of the Masterplan? BJ screws up. Reurns to the Backbenches. No longer able to snipe at TM as he was the architect of his own downfall.

Probably a load of old tosh but Foreign Secretary is the last job one would have expected BJ to land. It needs SOME diplomacy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and it sound like Nicky Morgan will be going from Education as well.

The is a total clear out. Impressive work by Mrs May.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Whats quite funny is London voted twice to keep him as Mayor of London yet majority of Londoners voted remain. So he must have something to offer.

Boris was staunchly remain until a few months ago when an opportunity of personal gain presented itself. Quite funny eh!

ahahahahahahahahahaha

oh

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I know. I'm likely clutching at straws with my theory, but one lives in hope!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So May is a total moron then. She's done quite well for a moron.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Michael Gove... SACKED.

Couldn't really see him working with Boris in the cabinet.... brutal.

Silver linings & all that.

Can't say I'm disappointed to learn my taxes won't be funding a Cabinet Minister's salary for Gove any more. He'll just have to live on a meagre bog standard backbencher's salary instead. Mind you, it must be about time they voted themselves another pay rise of course.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Silver linings & all that.

Can't say I'm disappointed to learn my taxes won't be funding a Cabinet Minister's salary for Gove any more. He'll just have to live on a meagre bog standard backbencher's salary instead. Mind you, it must be about time they voted themselves another pay rise of course.

Gove going will reduce the direct inside info available to the press - assuming Boris has to give up his column of course.

Any news on "rhyming slang" at Health?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here