Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Boris as foreign secretary? Well, f*ck me. Best not let him near any foreign kids if he's carrying a rugby ball. Best not let him talk about the Hun. In fact, in the interests of time, it's easier just to say "best keep him away from any actual, err, foreigners".

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Would that be why he threw his lot in with Leadsom?
Don't know. Just scratching around for some logic really. I didn't understand why Boris didn't stand and didn't buy that Gove was the reason. Supporting Leadsom or saying a few nice things about her seems inconsequential now IMHO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How long before we seriously offend someone?
Not going to happen, he's already said he's ready and willing to work with yellow people, black people, and every other colour.

Boris gets a big job, does that suggest a deal was done in the leadership contest? It would seem so.
No, he backed Leadsom (as I see had already been pointed out).
I didn't understand why Boris didn't stand
Because he didn't think he could win.
Supporting Leadsom or saying a few nice things about her seems inconsequential now IMHO.
Sure, but it's pretty clear he didn't pull out of the leadership contest due to an offer from May.

It also seems clear that May is going to do things her way.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Don't know. Just scratching around for some logic really. I didn't understand why Boris didn't stand and didn't buy that Gove was the reason. Supporting Leadsom or saying a few nice things about her seems inconsequential now IMHO.

The reason he didn't stand was because Gove took the MPs who would have backed Boris. He did not have enough MPs behind him and would have finished 4th. I do think that his support for Leadsom was to make sure Gove didn't come second. If you are looking for a reason, I would suggest that May does not want him on the back benches undermining her if the Brexit negotiations don't go as planned. Keep your enemies close and in Boris case busy and traveling around the world..

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Boris as foreign secretary? Well, f*ck me. Best not let him near any foreign kids if he's carrying a rugby ball. Best not let him talk about the Hun. In fact, in the interests of time, it's easier just to say "best keep him away from any actual, err, foreigners".
So ignoring the fact that for many years he represented a multicultural London, with high approval ratings and good results.... marketing London across the world.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...Keep your enemies close and in Boris case busy and traveling around the world..

this.
So ignoring the fact that for many years he represented a multicultural London, with high approval ratings and good results.... marketing London across the world.
and that. it a surprise but not so utterly ridiculous when you think about it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What IF the whole thing has been fixed!!?[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He loves other races. Especially "picanninies" with their "watermelon smiles."

biddles911

May 12, 2014
The reason he didn't stand was because Gove took the MPs who would have backed Boris. He did not have enough MPs behind him and would have finished 4th. I do think that his support for Leadsom was to make sure Gove didn't come second. If you are looking for a reason, I would suggest that May does not want him on the back benches undermining her if the Brexit negotiations don't go as planned. Keep your enemies close and in Boris case busy and traveling around the world..

Wouldn't it have been nice to think she chose the best person for the job rather than for political reasons?!

Have serious doubts about May after this ridiculous appointment. Johnson ought to have been consigned to the political wilderness after his pathetic performance post-vote and his total cowardice in refusing to stand for leader. I'd have had a lot more respect for the guy if he'd stood and lost and, given what an oddball Gove is, I'm far from sure he would have lost anyway......

God help us in getting a good Brexit deal with BJ at the forefront.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The appointments of Hammond, Fox and Johnson have underwhelmed me, Fox is as dodgy as they come and Boris at The Foreign Office has to be a bad dream or a massive spoof. Expect to see plenty of pictures of Boris hanging off that zip wire.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
New Chancellor is going to sit down with 'experts' this morning to work out strategy.

I thought we'd all had enough of them ? ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All the appointments represent constituencies south of Oxford.

It's going to be grim for those up North, and is inconsistent with the talk of a 'one nation'.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought Grayling was supposed to get a top job?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

Being denounced as unfit for office by Gove, who after all knows what its like to be unfit for office, shouldn't necessarily have torpedoed Boris' leadership campaign so quickly. I am not at all certain Boris would have finished last.

Boris was the only other name on the leadership list that had a chance to win, and he went away very quietly and very early. Leaving the field open for May, because there was never any chance Gove or Leadsom would win. IMHO natch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here