Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our lowest gate this season

For Bolton there are 10 seats for £34 in the ESL and that is it.

Putting the wrongs to one side for a moment about not offering the lower priced tickets (and a very big wrong it is), how many people are going to look online and think ' Oh well, Bolton is sold out, I can't get a ticket' ?

It's a bit wrong nonsense. Fucks up ticket sales and fucks up those great countdown to a sell out threads we (well me) used to get excited about.

Jan 30, 2008
34 quid to sit in a lower tier is far too expensive. It's simply not right that the club charges so much - we can't all commit to going to every game.

I was lucky enough to see three games last week: Lens v Clermont (24 euros), Lille v Toulouse (20 euros) and Brighton v Leeds (34 pounds). Just shows how much we are being fleeced in England and in Brighton, in particular.

The low take-up of tickets for last night's game may hopefully make the club think about its pricing policy.
look no further than the board :whistle:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
TCB is correct, the attendance was sub 20k there yesterday. Remember GCCM the attendance given is tickets sold so all the empty seats among the fans (of which there were many) are non-shows that still count towards the attendance figure.

Fair enough. I was in the family stand. There were a few spaces around where I was say but I don't think it was anywhere near 1/3empty.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I can't make many Saturday games, so I am not a STH. I refuse to pay £34 anymore to sit at the very end of WSL near the North. It is beyond the end of the pitch, with a constant stream of people going out for a pee, pie or pint. I much prefer the South Stand am I am prepared to pay £28 to the club for my ticket. As many have pointed out, these tickets are not available until many of the expensive (and worse) seats have sold out in WSL and ESL. I now try to get a ticket from STH's (generally £15-25 per match). If I can't get a ticket for less than £30, I don't go.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And that and side other sites don't appear to have added the Leeds attendance to the running total. We should have a far higher average than that.

How can the average drop by 3,000 to 22,195 when our lowest crowd is 23,703 (noting Palace's average has also dropped by 4,000) ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I understand the theory about potentially disenfranchising season ticket holders but I don't think it's true.

Most supporters want the certainty of having a seat with their friends and family, of spreading the cost and not having to mess about booking individual tickets. Also, if the odd cheap ticket becomes available in the last few days then good luck to whoever gets those seats.

I think the club needs to be careful about total cost in money and time to the fans because there is a novelty factor still at play which could wear off. We've already got a lost generation of kids because of the Gillingham/ Withdean years and the club need to be making it easy for a dad to go with his kid to watch the match so we can bring on the next generation. As it is the charge for the Bridge car park has just gone up by 22% to £13 for what amounts to a 3 hour stay - that's pretty steep in anyone's language.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Looking through some other fans forums The Amex appears to be increasingly perceived as an expensive visit plus are being put off by the bad reputation about our transport situation for evening games. I note some potential visiting POSH fans were deterred by advanced publicity stating The Amex is ticket only plus were ignorant that free travel is included within the Brighton area. Surely it is in our interest to ensure that visiting Clubs publicise this information so we optimise the number of visiting fans and therefore income to the Club?

I could understand if the Albion had thousands of home fans desperately waiting for unsold away allocations to be made available to home fans but surely that wasn't the case last night?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Looks like football-365 haven't included the attendance of games at the weekend but have updated the number of games played.

I think it's just our game with Leeds. For some reason I looked at that site at the weekend and it added the game to the total number of games but not the attendance figure.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All those of you who don't like any criticism of the club look away now ...

It's a valid point. My son works Saturdays and I've been unable to attend evening games due to work committments, so last night was the first time we went together since Newcastle. As we wanted to sit together I knew I wouldn't be able to ponce two STs, so I treated him. On the on-line ticketing systems it said the South Stand was 'unavailable', so I spent £70, yes £70 (including booking fee) on two East Stand Lower tickets to watch Peterborough Utd. I was a little bit miffed to see all the spaces in the South.

For want of shooting myself in the foot, that is why I always use the NSC ticket exchange - normally loads of tickets available ( often in pairs ) and much cheaper. I paid £20 for WSU on Tuesday thanks to NSC !

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If there was 23,000 there on Tuesday, then Ashley Barnes is the best player in the world, and Poyet "exciting" style of football is 90 minutes of edge of the seat entertainment week in week out!!!

On a seperate note, I may ask the club if in future on Tuesday night games, instead of having the teams and lowlights up on the big screen, if they could perhaps show the TV game, or Eastenders instead, so at least we have something to watch instead of the shit being served up at the moment.

Maybe even do a deal with Cineworld and get the latest Bond offering up and they could sell headphones, that might keep people interested.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I was wondering WHY teams choose to play on a Tuesday rather than a Wednesday* - there are Champions league matches on terrestrial on Tuesday for a start. Why compete with that if you don't have to?

* as it happens, Tuesday was better for us this time anyway because we played on the Friday rather than Saturday.

We always have I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here