Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our lowest gate this season

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i feel they should lower the prices for mid week games and they should go in schools in brighton and hove area and give away tickets if we know the away team wont be bringing many to the amex

Zamo123

Mar 1, 2012
or it may have somthing to do with the poor transport from the amex !! i get a train back to shoreham and get bacjk home at about 1130 for midweek games and have to be back up at 530 to go to work!! I think theirs to many midweek games to be honest for people who start work early and people who want to take young kids

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I agree that the apparent profiteering is disgraceful and we need to challenge it publicly. Are you reading this Naylor? It is part of the creeping trend towards Albion supporters as 'consumers' rather than fans. I hoped we were better than that.

2 things to add to the debate. Firstly, the markets for season tickets and one-off tickets are not separate. Many (most?) non-STH fans know people who have STs and I would wager there were more non-STHers in ST seats than bought one-off tickets last night. Secondly, I would hope that the new north end corners coming on-stream gives the club a chance to offer cheaper tickets. It's clear that we've pretty much reached market saturation at current prices. I challenge the club to come up with innovative pricing options to fill these seats. For example, why not offer under 25s tickets at £15 for the less attractive fixtures? This market segmentation by age helps to minimise the trading-down cost to the club. This would help boost the atmosphere as well. The student offer was interesting, but I wonder how big the take-up was?
PG

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This dynamic pricing system sounds like the way to go. Why can't this start NOW?

Because I'm sure the club will have systems, contracts in place for managing the ticketing process - I guess they'd have to sign up with someone like Digonex to run it for them. For what's worth, there are real bargains available if you look far enough ahead, but I think it signals a move away from season tickets as the big sell for a club.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The student offer was interesting, but I wonder how big the take-up was?

The student offer was completely ridiculous and, I'm sure, taken up by hardly anyone.

If that is the best that Barber has to offer then we really have got a turkey.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
as the first half was a touch dull and we were "attacking" the south end I did a rough count of Posh fans and reckon it was between 95 & 120.

So where were the other 150 who had bought tickets? Now that is a question and it indicates that our percentage turnout of STH's was actually bloody good although my guess is there were no more than 20-21K actual bums on seats last night.

I do agree that if there are cheaper tickets available they should be on sale alongside the dearer ones and I suspect we would sell enough extras to actually increase revenue. The special student deal was a good idea to allow discounting without upsetting the STH's. It needs to be petsevered with. I would keep that and add
similar family and schoool packages to fill south stand against less attractive sides rather than reduce the basic price.

We pay a significant premium for our stadium but for anyone who thinks it's not justified I would suggest they wander down to Withdean and indulge in a spot of quiet reflection

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club have to be very careful with offers and reduced prices as it would be easy to disenfranchise existing season ticket holders and devalue the worth of the season ticket.

The risk is that a lot of people give up season tickets, knowing they can pick and choose games often at bargain prices. People will become conditioned to not paying full price and the club enters a vicious circle.

Dynamic pricing has to be the way forward but one aspect of that is that if some tickets get cheaper, some have to be more expensive. Could there be £45-50 tickets for the visit of Palace?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bristol City is a very comparable game in terms of attractiveness. Interesting to see what crowd we get then.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely the club can identify one or two games a season where the matchday prices can be reduced without pissing of STH's ? Dynamic pricing for remaining games starting at the pro rata ST price and rising with a set ceiling price for the big games ?

I upgraded a childs ticket in the stadium shop and asked for the "cheapest ticket available" I was only offered the East, with the charge for me moving as well this came to £35, I ummed and arrred for a moment and at no point was offered the South Stand, I then took it upon my self to question him and was offered two seats in the corner near the front, he implied I was very limited for choice in that area. I took them for £24 and once in the ground I had a whole block behind the goal to choose from. If i hadn't questioned him, my request of "cheapest tickets available" would have been ignored

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was wondering WHY teams choose to play on a Tuesday rather than a Wednesday* - there are Champions league matches on terrestrial on Tuesday for a start. Why compete with that if you don't have to?

* as it happens, Tuesday was better for us this time anyway because we played on the Friday rather than Saturday.

This question was posed before and I think my reply is still valid:

The kind of plastics who would opt to miss an Albion game to watch a CL game on the TV, are the same mugs who happily pay a bullseye a month for Sky. So I don't think it will make that much difference.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What did the flag say, it seemed gibberish to me?
I THINK it said something like 'Posh we are', and I THINK it had a spoof of the Visa logo in the top left hand corner. I took it as a spoof on the Ipswich banner (as the two clubs aren't that far apart), but I could well be wrong on all counts.

Dec 29, 2011
I think there were no more than 18,000/19,000 there last night. There were loads of empty seats everywhere you looked. Something really needs to be done about pricing, because it seems like whenever the away team bring a joke following we end up with 4,000+ empty seats at the south end.

If the attendance given was 23000 then there will have been at least 4000 empty seats. That seems fair to me. There is no way there were almost 10000 empty seats.

TCB is correct, the attendance was sub 20k there yesterday. Remember GCCM the attendance given is tickets sold so all the empty seats among the fans (of which there were many) are non-shows that still count towards the attendance figure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

no1.jpg

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Bristol City is a very comparable game in terms of attractiveness. Interesting to see what crowd we get then.

According to the ticketing system, Bristol City, a Tuesday night game in three weeks time, there is only "very good" availability in S1A (East Stand Lower, very end next to South), and "good" availability in W1I (West Stand Lower, very end next to North) both for £34. In reality, we all know there is a lot more availability all round the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here