Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our friends up the road...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Obviously it will be fun if Palace get relegated and we skip past them, but in all honesty I want the premier league to 'know' our rivalry, for it to become a big game in the whole country not just down in the southeast. We live and breathe for these derby days in football and they could be great.

although one should be careful what one wishes for.....

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I can't get excited about the likelihood of a Palace relegation. Not when they have the third best player in the world in their team, Wilf Zaha.

It's only a matter of time before they power to sixth place, just a couple of points behind Zlatan, Pogba and co.

Oh I can. If they are in the bottom three after Watford, a repeat of their second half form of last season should see them comfortably sliding towards the Championship.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Oh I can. If they are in the bottom three after Watford, a repeat of their second half form of last season should see them comfortably sliding towards the Championship.

You're being daft. Crystal Palace are 'not in a relegation battle'. (c) A Pardew

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can't get excited about the likelihood of a Palace relegation. Not when they have the third best player in the world in their team, Wilf Zaha.

It's only a matter of time before they power to sixth place, just a couple of points behind Zlatan, Pogba and co.

Is the right answer, I think they will have to settle for the Europa league due to their inconsistent start.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Obviously it will be fun if Palace get relegated and we skip past them, but in all honesty I want the premier league to 'know' our rivalry, for it to become a big game in the whole country not just down in the southeast. We live and breathe for these derby days in football and they could be great.

I dont. I would happily only ever meet them in a cup mate (and not a semi or final)

If we were playing Palace in Feb we would be getting wound up about it now. Hate that ground as well, even tho is one of the best atmospheres in the country and filled to the rafters every week.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Gotta agree. Passing them would be wonderful but I think to clash with our biggest rivals in the top flight would be a show-stopper. In a perfect world Zaha jumps ship to the Albion in Jan and then sticks 5 or 6 past them next season. Better than sex.

:thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For so many reasons, I don't want to play them, I just want the Nigels relegated. At least twice.

* Games against the Nigels are a ball ache.
* All the goons come out and it turns into a bubble game
* Their ground is pony. It is a complete tip.
* They deserve some time in the doldrums like us and pretty much most teams suffer at some point.
* TWICE they cheated relegation to league one when Dougie Freedman handballed against Stockport and then when Sheffield Chucklesday should have beaten them
* TWICE they cheated the tax man. And St John's ambulance.
* Too many smug Nigels on here, who we happily wouldn't have to suffer as soon as they plummeted.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Save the nigels for the cup.

Or better still for our U23s in the Checkatrade trophy after their double relegation.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
For so many reasons, I don't want to play them, I just want the Nigels relegated. At least twice.

* They deserve some time in the doldrums like us and pretty much most teams suffer at some point.
* TWICE they cheated relegation to league one when Dougie Freedman handballed against Stockport and then when Sheffield Chucklesday should have beaten them
* Too many smug Nigels on here, who we happily wouldn't have to suffer as soon as they plummeted.
This. And if they go down, the whole scummy ship will disintegrate faster than the Titanic. Back to 11k crowds, stadium still a dump, American investors wanting their money back etc etc

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

This. About time the plastics up and down the country saw a proper derby when tuning into MOTD.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gotta agree. Passing them would be wonderful but I think to clash with our biggest rivals in the top flight would be a show-stopper. In a perfect world Zaha jumps ship to the Albion in Jan and then sticks 5 or 6 past them next season. Better than sex.

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't want Zaha anywhere near Brighton ta. Murray to score the winner against Palace would do though.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I think it was Hopkin who punched the ball out to start the break away move finished by Freedman.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This is a good post. The whole club is deplorable from top to bottom. As many on here know, I am a firm supporter of Brexit, however, given the choice between Brexit and palace in the doldrums as [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] describes, it's a no brainer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hate that ground as well, even tho is one of the best atmospheres in the country and filled to the rafters every week.

Why are you saying that? I watched a game on TV recently with them, against Liverpool, and for much of the game they were quiet apart from the Tottenham fan with the stupid drum and a few other 'ultras' lol. Their ground is not full every week as far as I'm aware and they have almost ten thousand extra 'fans' when they are in the premier league. Plague on their house!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why are you saying that? I watched a game on TV recently with them, against Liverpool, and for much of the game they were quiet apart from the Tottenham fan with the stupid drum and a few other 'ultras' lol. Their ground is not full every week as far as I'm aware and they have almost ten thousand extra 'fans' when they are in the premier league. Plague on their house!

Whoooooooosssshhhhhhhhhh [emoji23][emoji23]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
19,500 fans inside Selhurst tonight. Loads missing out on the amazing light show

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here