Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our forum standards?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I have apologised previously and explained that I missed the word NOT in error, what more could I have done?

Not missed it out to start with.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have apologised previously and explained that I missed the word NOT in error, what more could I have done?

OK. Let's have a look at this shall we?

At 11:38 am on 4 Oct 2014, you posted: "It works, so dont knock the Daily Mail if that is your attitude I hope you become a victim of either a burglar or even a paedo for a child."

Precisely where in that sentence were you intending the word "not" to be inserted? There is nowhere where it can be.

Further, at 21:59, you posted "...in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did...." AND...
at 22:55, you posted "....The remark was made out of annoyance and shouldnt have been made..." AND...
at 23:26, you posted "...obvious error in judgement..."

Nowhere in any of these posts did you make the claim that you had left out the word "not" (which would have been ungrammatical in any case) from the offensive post. Indeed, you accepted three times that you had meant to post what you did (even though you did, kind of, apologise for the remark).

So - I'm afraid I'm calling bollocks. There was never a "not" omitted. That is a gross rewriting of history that only happened at some point after the day in which you made the offensive post and after you had posted three times acknowledging that you had written what you intended to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
OK. Let's have a look at this shall we?

At 11:38 am on 4 Oct 2014, you posted: "It works, so dont knock the Daily Mail if that is your attitude I hope you DO NOT become a victim of either a burglar or even a paedo for a child."

Precisely where in that sentence were you intending the word "not" to be inserted? There is nowhere where it can be.

Further, at 21:59, you posted "...in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did...." AND...
at 22:55, you posted "....The remark was made out of annoyance and shouldnt have been made..." AND...

Nowhere in any of these posts did you make the claim that you had left out the word "not" (which would have been ungrammatical in any case) from the offensive post. Indeed, you accepted three times that you had meant to post what you did (even though you did, kind of, apologise for the remark).

So - I'm afraid I'm calling bollocks. There was never a "not" omitted. That is a gross rewriting of history that only happened at some point after the day in which you made the offensive post and after you had posted three times acknowledging that you had written what you intended to.

i have adjusted it to show you and as .such will say no more on the subject, if you wish to continue this do so but without me adding to it.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Fortunately I have apologised for my gross error and can move on. I wish everybody else could especially th8se who are holier than thou and have never made a mistake.

Apologised for giving the 'victim' what they were cruising for, no doubt.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i have adjusted it to show you and as .such will say no more on the subject, if you wish to continue this do so but without me adding to it.

I'm sorry but you're clearly talking utter rubbish as clearly illustrated by your subsequent posts at the time:

As such, it is almost beyond belief that you have the temerity to question moderating on here, when you have benefited as much as anyone at our largely liberal stance and desire to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

So - you missed out two words; not just the one? Hmmm...

And the fact that you made no mention of such a fundamental omission in any of the three following posts in which you acknowledge that you wrote what you intended to write??

Bollocks.

I can fully accept that you wish you hadn't written what you did; but you did and, at the time you did, you meant it. Man up and don't pretend you missed a word (now two words) out; it does you a massive disservice.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wish everybody else could especially those who are holier than thou and have never made a mistake.

Ahem.

Unfortunately this forum has degenerated into people just throwing personal insults rather than debate a point and it is not only the apparently very young but some who are older and should know better who are responsible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not questioning moderating decisions just pointing out that more and more people engage in personal abuse because they see that as the way to defend themselves and it has become more noticeable recently. If I took offense I would listen to my sons advice, but chose not to. They get more annoyed than me and as a result read NSC laugh and do not post.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I am not questioning moderating decisions just pointing out that more and more people engage in personal abuse because they see that as the way to defend themselves and it has become more noticeable recently. If I took offense I would listen to my sons advice, but chose not to. They get more annoyed than me and as a result read NSC laugh and do not post.

I noticed a particularly egregious example of personal abuse levelled at a poster on 4 October 2014 at 11:38am.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This thread is like a school playground argument. This is a great forum and the mods do a good job. That said they appear unecessarily defensive here. hey ho

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If that is so I .would have apologised as I consider myelf to be above personal abuse unless it is face to face not on a keyboard.

"If"? "IF"?

In one two-letter word you have again demonstrated why people do not accept whatever "apology" you consider you have made. My opinion is that you have never fully accepted the truly despicable words that you wrote; and I know that nothing I write here will change your world view.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
People should move on and try to remember BG as he was....

..the loveable clown who made up dodgy rumours that helped pass the time during slow transfer windows.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well reading that was marginally more entertaining than watching my kids run round like fruit loops as the sugar and E numbers finally reached "peak nutter". Gotta love Easter.

Did anyone find out about the cat buggering?

Jan 30, 2008
well reading that was marginally more entertaining than watching my kids run round like fruit loops as the sugar and e numbers finally reached "peak nutter". Gotta love easter.

Did anyone find out about the cat buggering?
farting for England after a visit to Nandos this afternoon:eek:
regards
DR

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove

I think your lads may have a point...

.there's no point trying to reason with the half- wits who are baiting you today.
Give yourself a break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here