Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our forum standards?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You see no irony in complaining that people just throw insults around and then say someone appears to be 12 in your next post? Top debating skills you have there. What was it again? Something about wishing someone suffered child abuse or some such a few months ago?

As I said at the time it was an error and the word NOT was missed.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Is this an acceptable level of "ribaldly, on this forum, as posited by bombardier botty?
Am I alone in finding no Mod intervention remarkable?

"Did a cat fu ck you up the arse when you were a small child or something Hugh'sDad?"

Just answer the question.

Unfortunately this forum has degenerated into people just throwing personal insults rather than debate a point and it is not only the apparently very young but some who are older and should know better who are responsible.

Don't take the moral high ground everyone remembers your party piece from a few months ago.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is this an acceptable level of "ribaldly, on this forum, as posited by bombardier botty?
Am I alone in finding no Mod intervention remarkable?

"Did a cat fu ck you up the arse when you were a small child or something Hugh'sDad?"

Shouldn't this be posted on the 'Why Do People Keep CATS as pets' thread? ???

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
There's only one thing that annoys me more than people posting unsociably, and that's people telling me (and the moderators) how to moderate.

As has been said time and time again...

1. Do not assume that because something on NSC there is implicit acceptance of it. It is highly likely that no moderator has seen it.

2. Report the 'bad posts'. I can see, now, that you have done this (although it's only you that has - twice). I do not spend every second of my waking day monitoring my email to make sure I react with speed every time someone reports a posts. As it happens, despite my MacBook sitting open on the arm of the sofa, probably showing me as active on NSC, I was playing with my 4 year old. Sorry about that.

3. When action is taken against those who have gone against NSC's rules, it remains between the moderator and the poster in question. You can request all you like for details of action taken - you won't get them.

On the couch, you say?
More like an ivory tower.
My quoted remark " and mods now" refered to "husty's" infantile contribution
I' m guessing you wouldn't like a 'subject' having the temerity to answer back, but ho hum......as is stated in seemingly acceptable parlance around these parts...
.Grow a pair , suck it up big boy.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Well, now that I have my PM from Bozza and infraction warning as a result of this thread will Hugh'sDad please answer my original question re: the cat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame the WORLD WIDE web is limited to just one forum.

If only there was somewhere else to go, if you don't like it here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the couch, you say?
I' m guessing you wouldn't like a 'subject' having the temerity to answer back, but ho hum......as is stated in seemingly acceptable parlance around these parts...

Pringles anyone?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It's a forum Shirley, many views from many types and healthier for it. SO long as it's within the (quite widespread) boundaries of correctness then it remains to be just words at the end of the day.
173805472.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the couch, you say?

Husty isn't a moderator. The moderators are listed at the bottom of the forum page. Apology accepted.

Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 14.05.54.png

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As I said at the time it was an error and the word NOT was missed.

I do not believe you.

Oh...crap...I mean...I do believe you.

Sorry about that. "Do" and "Do not" are so confusing, I find.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the couch, you say?

Bloody hell: I'm starting to think that perhaps this site isn't for you? You've made your point, and Bozza has responded quite reasonably with the point that neither he, nor the rest of the mods sit here reading every post, all day long. We have other stuff to do in life. I for one was at work most of yesterday, others were presumably out or with families, whatever. Sometimes we spot things, sometimes we don't, and we often rely on people to report posts or users if they have a problem. You've (now) done that, and Bozza appears- from what you've said- to have dealt with it.

I can't really grasp why you're now seemingly getting the hump with Bozza or any person other than the one who originally caused the issue.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alright I'll give you that
...mooderator he is - l'll need to go up half a size in my reading glasses:ffsparr:

Ah. I see where you've got that from now.

He'll be pleased with himself...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Husty isn't a moderator. The moderators are listed at the bottom of the forum page.

To be fair, I also misread "Mooderator".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here