Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best youngster

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
No chance, Richards is plop.

We'll have to disagree on that. I'll admit he's been in the DS a fair while and should perhaps be progressing faster. I'm hoping that Oscar's policy of bringing on and improving youngsters will benefit Richards. IMO he has a lot of potential.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What about any youngsters in our U15, 16 or 17s? Is there any in that are being seen as "one to watch"?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
What about any youngsters in our U15, 16 or 17s? Is there any in that are being seen as "one to watch"?

I'm also interested in this, anyone heard anything or knows of a player in the youth side?

I know of the Icelandic lad in the under 18s who supposedly has great potential but I must admit that's only from the one fella on here

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm also interested in this, anyone heard anything or knows of a player in the youth side?

I know of the Icelandic lad in the under 18s who supposedly has great potential but I must admit that's only from the one fella on here

Himself :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There are two Icelandic lads - One is Emil Assmundsen at U-18 who has been playing DS this season. He's a centre midfielder, and looks fairly tidy. The other is Ragnar Larrusson or something similar - he seems to be generating more excitement. He's younger (U-16?) but played one U-18 match and scored five. He's a striker / attacking midfielder.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We'll have to disagree on that. I'll admit he's been in the DS a fair while and should perhaps be progressing faster. I'm hoping that Oscar's policy of bringing on and improving youngsters will benefit Richards. IMO he has a lot of potential.

Can't agree on everything, but it's a no from me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm guessing Walton might be our first team keeper next season if we don't go up. Haven't seen him but he must be good.

I'd expect him to be promoted to #2 or #3 next season to give him first team squad experience and integration, but i don't know if they'd throw him right in straight away - if we keep PIG next season then I can see Walton being his #2.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There are two Icelandic lads - One is Emil Assmundsen at U-18 who has been playing DS this season. He's a centre midfielder, and looks fairly tidy. The other is Ragnar Larrusson or something similar - he seems to be generating more excitement. He's younger (U-16?) but played one U-18 match and scored five. He's a striker / attacking midfielder.

Asmundsson was 19 in January.

Ragnar Mar Larusson will be 17 in June. He is a 1st-year scholar who now plays regularly for the youth team (U-18s) and has made one appearance for the development squad this season. He has also made 11 appearances for the Icelandic U-17s since August.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised there's talk of Rae but no mention of Dalison (sp).

Admittedly I've only seen a little DS action but he has stood out as being a class above the rest.

The only downside of him playing alongside Dunk would be telling them apart.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Ince's game is often superb, but if he's to really make the most of his career, he needs to learn how to jump at the right time to make a header; often he's about half a second too early. I think March has everything he will need except experience. So, so far, I vote March, but Ince could possibly be equally as good.

I like Dunk too; he's a very solid defender, but hasn't shown much in attack (corners, for example). If he could add, say, 4 goals a season to his game, he too could be excellent, but I haven't seen any evidence of this so far.

JFC? He's decent enough for a Championship player I guess, but I doubt he'll go as far as the others.

Maybe he doesn't like to head it and jumps too early deliberately to stop it hurting. At least that's what I did at middle school.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here