Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best youngster

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm hoping that Courtney Richards develops into a first team squad player along with the promising defender Glenn Rea.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ince.

Talent gets you so far, but to get to the next level it almost always needs to be coupled with physicality.

This. He still reminds me of Viera, and I hope Oscar, etc have been sitting him down with numerous player-cams of him. He just needs to have a bit more belief in the attacking third of the pitch, which will help him start scoring goals.
We sold our PotS for two years in January, having been absent -- for various reasons -- in the first half of the season. Ince has stepped in and done a marvellous job in his first season playing regularly. He is, in Barber's words, 'Premier League ready'.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'm guessing Walton might be our first team keeper next season if we don't go up. Haven't seen him but he must be good.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ince's game is often superb, but if he's to really make the most of his career, he needs to learn how to jump at the right time to make a header; often he's about half a second too early. I think March has everything he will need except experience. So, so far, I vote March, but Ince could possibly be equally as good.

I like Dunk too; he's a very solid defender, but hasn't shown much in attack (corners, for example). If he could add, say, 4 goals a season to his game, he too could be excellent, but I haven't seen any evidence of this so far.

JFC? He's decent enough for a Championship player I guess, but I doubt he'll go as far as the others.

Agree about Ince's heading.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think March has the pace, the tricks, and an obvious football brain.

He does seem painfully one footed to me at the moment, and that's the only flaw I can see in his game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You are claiming Ince as one of your youngsters... Really?

Nowhere, nowhere in the OP does the poster claim that Ince was developed by us. He simply asks the question regarding our young players and their potential.

Ince is our player, and has tremendous potential. Therefore his presence as a subject of the thread is entirely legitimate. This is quite clearly a thread about Albion players: if you're going to try and troll it with cheap Palace rhetoric, then you can go back and play on the BBS for a while, because we'll simply ask you to leave.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Didn't Ince come through the Development squad anyway?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
all mentioned hopefully although hope march goes further,his natural game has changed under oscar as he gets coached a different way,i think also from what ive seen of the development sd,glen rea? the centre back looks like he will go on to be a top player

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ince.

Talent gets you so far, but to get to the next level it almost always needs to be coupled with physicality.

You mean like Zola, Messi and even Peter Ward!

Are you struggling with the word 'almost'?

Messi as an example let's down your argument btw. He's a very physically strong player.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm hoping that Courtney Richards develops into a first team squad player along with the promising defender Glenn Rea.

No chance, Richards is plop.

Rea, will have a decent chance, plus he is a defender, we love bringing through a defender!

Out of Ince March and JFC, I think March and Ince will at some point play in the top division, however through a promoted side, if not with us.

Ince offers great strengh for his game, but technically he is the weakest of the three.

March has grown and lot and has started to bulk out, great pace too, which allows him to really impact games.

JFC for me is probably better than both of these technically, but offers less as on the ball he is great, but he is too weak at times and his pace is questionable, Would probably develop better away from England, but I dont see him really making a step up.

all 3 have done very well to hold down places in a top half championship team for their ages though.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maradona could barely stand up on his right foot.

Fair one, although I think in March's case, he's not quite up there with Maradona yet, so he may need to compensate by being able to use both feet :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

images

He even went on loan to a Football League club while at his previous academy.

3965374.png

Jesus Christ...

Our new academy is already attracting the very best young talent in the home counties , we've just signed a 7 year old kid on a year long youth contract from Caterham who turns out to be a Palace season ticket holder :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

images

He even went on loan to a Football League club while at his previous academy.

3965374.png

Jesus Christ...

Forgive my commenting but this discussion is nothing to do with you or your club.
in similar circumstances on that miserable palarse board an albion fan would be automatically banned. We are much too polite to do that but might I respectfully suggest that you do one? !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here