Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oscar Zambrano - ‘The new Caicedo’

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Caicedo had multiple Ecuador caps when we signed him. This fella has only played for their youth teams and hasn't actually featured too much in the Ecuadorian league.

I reckon he would take even longer to settle in than Caicedo, so certainly not one for the 'we need experience whilst Baleba settles in' crowd...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Caicedo had multiple Ecuador caps when we signed him. This fella has only played for their youth teams and hasn't actually featured too much in the Ecuadorian league.

I reckon he would take even longer to settle in than Caicedo, so certainly not one for the 'we need experience whilst Baleba settles in' crowd...
I agree but he does appear to have the skillset we cherish. Moneywise this would not be an expensive signing but has a very high upside both in terms of on-field performance and resale value.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Don't think I agree with the analysis there ... if he'd been pulled from club squads, sure - but why would the national team give two hoots about whether a sale was imminent or not? More likely to be an injury or other non-transfer reason IMO.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Good point.

Fernandez from Boca would surely be better immediately as he has played in the final of the South American Champions League etc. But potentially, the Zambrano lad has a lot more value.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
moises spent a season in belgium before he got his shot. this guty might be ready in 2029.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
That article can be filed under bs. When have we ever had a sudden interest in a player? If we are interested he will have been thoroughly scouted and we would have interested for a while.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I thought I read on the it must be true internet his work permit could be a problem for some reason so that's Man Utd out of the picture straight away as they don't seem to have the will power to fill out some forms they're a team that just trys to poach a player from the club that took the time to do all the right things and take the gamble,and then Man Utd would wait and see if the player is either a goodun or a dud then have a hissy fit if he turns out to be a baller then offer 10 times what we paid for him in the next window along with the usual suspects.
,I'd wager we've already contacted his agent asked for the players parents email and they're on day 3 of trying to finish the Hello I'm Paul email they received .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wot about the WAG?
Gilf.

A man of your age shouldn't be sniffling round 19 years other halfs.

Unless of course you once worked for Radio 1 - if so crack on young warrior.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
could be that we were waiting to see what else could pan out this window before going for him, but luton advancing in negotiations so early in january has forced our hand? do not doubt that we would have been scouting him since he was about 4
I heard we supplied the oysters, hotel and Barry white CD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here