Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I used to know a South African who came to live over here. He trained guard dogs and his method was to pay ethnic Africans to climb over the wall to the owners gardens and then set the dogs on them. I don't know if he gave them padding, probably not, but he was basically teaching them to just go for black people.

I remember being surprised at this training method because if it were in this country the health & Safety let alone ethics is slightly flawed.

70%+ of the SA population is black and the overwhelming majority of hijackings, robberies and murders are committed by black men. It wouldn't make much sense to use white people for the training. However, wy do you think the dogs discriminate by a person's colour? Surely, he was training them to go for anybody they see climbing over the wall?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
1. she locked herself into the bathroom when he went into a rage.
2. he battered the door down and shot her a few times.

I can't believe they are going to peddle this trial out for a few more weeks - the judge must be thick....but hey, the corporations paying for ads during the TV have audience figures in their contracts.

They have to go through all the prosecution and defence witnesses and they have to follow due process.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Heard yesterday that the first two bullets were to Reeva's hip and the other missed. Surely between the first shot and the consequent devastating 3rd and 4th shots there was enough time for her to scream. You'd think he would have then realised it was his bird and stopped.

.... GUILTY

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
70%+ of the SA population is black and the overwhelming majority of hijackings, robberies and murders are committed by black men. It wouldn't make much sense to use white people for the training. However, wy do you think the dogs discriminate by a person's colour? Surely, he was training them to go for anybody they see climbing over the wall?

Dogs don't discriminate by colour, they use scent, and before anyone jumps on this comment different groups whether social or ethnic can have different scents, which is down to diet, clothes, and what people choose to wash or moisturise with.

Disclaimer, I have black friends and do not notice a different scent, but I haven’t got the luxury of having a sensitive dogs nose.

Also the property owners wouldn't want their guard dogs to attack their friends or friends children when they are in the garden, so the dogs were not trained specifically to just target people who are climbing over a wall, just to recognise a specific intruder.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Whatever, but now you mention it can you please educate me on which guns and cannons are not designed to spin projectiles?

(edit) Don’t tell me, old guns like the musket and old cannons.
And new ones... a lot of modern tank guns are smooth bore. Most of the projectiles they fire are penetrators that are fin stabilised so they don't need the rifling.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Bear in mind that it's not that remote. One of Krijcer's associates lived in Wedgewood Green, which is where I used to live, It also has high fences, 24 hour security and only 1 way in and out but they still managed to get in there and kill him last year, supposedly while committing a burglary. At Wedgewood Green every visitor has to sign in but there were several burglaries in the 3 years I lived there.

Indeed, but it does not happen so often that the first thing you think of when you hear a noise in your house is that there is a burglar, surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think it is possible to prove whether he intended to murder his girlfriend
If his version of events is that he thought his girlfriend was in bed, and that he thought it was an intruder in the toilet, while neighbours say they heard Oscar and his girlfriend arguing, then that would be some proof.

Has someone got a quote of his version of events? Does he say he heard a noise from the toilet, and that he just shot at the door, or does he say he asked who was in there and there was no reply?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If his version of events is that he thought his girlfriend was in bed, and that he thought it was an intruder in the toilet, while neighbours say they heard Oscar and his girlfriend arguing, then that would be some proof.

Has someone got a quote of his version of events? Does he say he heard a noise from the toilet, and that he just shot at the door, or does he say he asked who was in there and there was no reply?

From what I understand there was no "Hault, who goes there?" moment.

I think he will be taking the stand and cross examined over his accounts of what happened next week.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Some interesting stuff has come out this week
- he knows the correct "weapon handling" procedures when confronting an intruder, but failed abysmally to follow them in this instance.
- it was assumed by many that Reeva was having a pee when he shot her, but forensics are claiming that she was standing up inside the loo next to the door when the first shot happened.
- he says that he "double tapped" his gun (shot in very quick succession), but forensics claiming that this cannot be.
- the fact that the prosecution have nearly finished already suggests that they are confident.

It seems likely that Oscar will take the stand towards the end of next week.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think it is possible to prove whether he intended to murder his girlfriend, but if you shoot an innocent person through a toilet door you should be going to prison for manslaughter at the very least.

I think they will be able to prove that he intended to seriously harm her. The first bullet went though her hip and shattered it, I presume she would have screamed. The second bullet missed but ricocheted and bruised her back. Whilst falling back and now sitting on a magazine rack next to the toilet, she then lifted her arms and put her hands on her head to protect herself, the third bullet went through her shoulder, exited and left marks on her chest. The fourth bullet left a mark on her left hand, which was covering her head, was the fatal shot with two exit wounds.

From sitting on the magazine rack after the fourth shot, her head fell to rest on the toilet.

She was standing by the door initially, and was not sitting not on the toilet.

If he didn't want to kill her, he wanted to seriously harm her four times?

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't think it is possible to prove whether he intended to murder his girlfriend, but if you shoot an innocent person through a toilet door you should be going to prison for manslaughter at the very least.

Its really an open and shut case. Imagine you are Oscar and you think there is an intruder in you bathroom. You get your gun, loaded with Dum Dums, You nudge the girlfriend awake and say " Call the Police ", you then take up a comfortable position behind a wall so you can cover the bathroom door ( Hoping your intruder isn't packing Dum Dums too ! ) and say something along the lines of " Identify yourself, I am armed " . Either there is a massive gunfight which Oscar wins, as, with Talon bullets even a glancing wound could rip an arm off, or there is an ominous lack of noise from the bathroom and Oscar feels a jerk Or there is a womans voice saying " I'll be out in a minute ".

Simples, but, he did it and he is squirming for all its worth.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004

Not if there trying to burgle you. If someones in your house, at night, uninvited, then quite frankly they deserve whatever comes their way (in my opinion). Not that I think this is what happened here.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Not if there trying to burgle you. If someones in your house, at night, uninvited, then quite frankly they deserve whatever comes their way (in my opinion).

Doesn't matter what they deserve, you'll still do a lot of time for using deadly force in that situation, even in South Africa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here