Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a total waste of time and money! I could've settled it in 5 seconds, GUILTY!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am near the end of part 2 and I have to say it is following the story of the case - it's all about Oscar, Oscar, Oscar. Look how great I am blah blah blah. I may puke in a minute if it does not improve.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Apparently the director is “still flip-flopping” on the matter of Pistorius’ guilt.

Think I'll pass, thanks.

I think they're pretty clear.

maxresdefault.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think he comes out of it well.

Yeah, a bit about losing his Mum, but as always happens in these multi-parters, they chip away then reveal the darker side.

Loving your new avatar. Rather like Lyra's familiar, I wonder if this one might settle? :wink:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Apparently the director is “still flip-flopping” on the matter of Pistorius’s guilt.

Think I'll pass, thanks.

You have made the correct decision. It is the most one-sided load of old twaddle which is basically saying "let's all feel sorry for darling Oscar". There is hardly anything in there about Reeva at all. Very, very disappointing.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Probably because the program is about Oscar Pistorious. :shrug:

No, it was a program that concentrated on the positive aspects of his character whilst briefly mentioning the negative but did not explore them in any depth whatsoever. It's sole purpose was to try to garner sympathy for the narcissistic, convicted murderer. It didn't work with me.

This review sums it up better than I can:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...r-pistorius-review-what-about-reeva-steenkamp

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No, it was a program that concentrated on the positive aspects of his character whilst briefly mentioning the negative but did not explore them in any depth whatsoever. It's sole purpose was to try to garner sympathy for the narcissistic, convicted murderer. It didn't work with me.

This review sums it up better than I can:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...r-pistorius-review-what-about-reeva-steenkamp

Very damning review. I have no interest in watching that.
Does the series mention the testosterone and needles found by the murderer’s bed? Not only strong evidence he was a athlete drugs cheat but would have led to nasty mood swings.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Does the series mention the testosterone and needles found by the murderer’s bed? Not only strong evidence he was a drugs cheat but would have led to nasty mood swings.

that would explain a lot seeing as i cannot get my head around why anyone in their right head would kill Reeva Steenkamp ......she was bloody gorgeous.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Does the series mention the testosterone and needles found by the murderer’s bed? Not only strong evidence he was a athlete drugs cheat but would have led to nasty mood swings.

Nope. Any time something negative was mentioned they cut away to 20 minutes of him running and his coaches saying how wonderful he was. It also didn't mention that Reeva's overnight bag was already packed, it didn't explore his relationship with Marc Bachelor and Mikey Shultz (a confessed murderer), it didn't explore any of the negative aspects of his relationship with Reeva other than that which came up in the trial etc.

Pile of shite.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
that would explain a lot seeing as i cannot get my head around why anyone in their right head would kill Reeva Steenkamp ......she was bloody gorgeous.
I think he’d totally lost his temper with her and ‘shot into the door’ in a moment of intense rage.

He probably thought ‘I don’t care if I kill her’ for a split second at the time but I honestly believe he’d not have turned the gun on her if there wasn’t a door in the way to hide the reality of what he was doing.

That said, it’s still murder and he should still be serving many years behind bars for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here