Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was shocked by the original decision, dumbfounded. I followed most of the trial while I worked, and could not even equate the strange workings of law into how the basic premise of firing 4 shots close to a door wouldn't result in the death of the person behind. Of course it didn't matter who was in there - he aimed to kill them. Justice served, what a relief.

Don't forget to add he had Dum Dum bullets in the gun too, so he knew full well the firepower he used.

Justice at last. It would be closure if now he finally admitted and came clean about what happened that night when his unarmed girlfriend died screaming in a locked toilet.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Correct decision at last. The first verdict was ridiculous, nearly as ridiculous as releasing him from jail after serving only a very small part of a five year sentence.

Mind you, at 10 to 8 this morning BBC news was reporing on TV that the appeal against the original verdict by the prosecution had been refused, so they got that wrong. When I read on NSC that the appeal had been allowed I thought NSC must have it wrong so I checked BBC breakfast on iplayer. And they were wrong.

BBC 0, NSC 1 :clap2:

It wasn't just them - the appeal court Judge wandered into court, mentioned another case and said the the appeal had failed. Many reporters, not paying attention, then started tweeting that the Oscar appeal had failed. Just goes to show the power of Twitter and the immediate reporting of guff.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Good he was so guilty, why would a burglary be going ahead and they choose to go into the bathroom to take things, what did they want towells ? also didnt he think my gf isnt in the bed with me or room so most likely is her in bathroom, if my gf wasnt in bed with me and heard someone in bathroom i would think its her not someone who broke in.
Is ludicrious that they even believe that he thought was this, he knew it was her and wanted to kill her.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be very wary of a justice system that can overturn a not guilty verdict once given - that's 'double jeopardy' isn't it? After all the original verdict was not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter.
On the other hand, I could never see how anybody could have bought his story in the first place - it was utterly unbelievable, and I think justice is being done now.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought she retired after the OP case.....anyone checked her bank balance!? ???

I was thinking the same thing when she delivered her verdict and sentence.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would be very wary of a justice system that can overturn a not guilty verdict once given - that's 'double jeopardy' isn't it? After all the original verdict was not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter.
On the other hand, I could never see how anybody could have bought his story in the first place - it was utterly unbelievable, and I think justice is being done now.

Not when the appeal was on a question of the law, not fact. She misinterpreted the law, the correct result has now been given under the law.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Defence view that Oscar fired without knowing consequences has been discounted by SCA. Death of person behind the door was an obvious result, especially firing 4 times. He was using a lethal firearm, not a pellet gun. SCA has no doubt that accused foresaw that whoever was behind the door was in lethal danger from his actions. There was no attack upon the accused. Whoever was behind the door was not threat to him at the time he fired. He fired without a rational fear that his life was in danger.

Accused should have been found guilty of MURDER under count 1. Conviction of MURDER substituted for original verdict. HOORAH!!
Who here didn't know that already? :facepalm:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
SA Jailer: How did Jayden end up smashed up against the cell wall like that?

2nd SA Jailer: He was trying to give Pistorius one up the arse before Oscar had put away his legs.

SA Jailer: I'd told Jayden to check the legs before climbing on the medal stand.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The good news about this verdict is that the whole issue of whether he knew it was Reeva or not is COMPLETELY dismissed now.

He was shooting to kill*. It doesn't matter who that was behind the door. He was shooting to kill and that is murder.

*And by that, we mean shooting with a knowledge that his actions would more than likely lead to death.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
This thread has been running now for nearly 2 years, and approaching 48,000 views....!

Now this sad story seems to have reached its conclusion, I am sure that many of us are very grateful to KZNSeagull who has on so many occasions given clarity to the various 'ins and outs' of South African law and his in depth knowledge of the feelings surrounding this case.

Thankyou KZNSeagull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here