Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ok, fair enough. As someone who carries a gun, do you think though that his actions were reckless in the extreme?

If there was an intruder, they were in a locked toilet - they were not going anywhere. The logical course of action is call out to whoever is in there and, if they are not someone you want in the house, train your gun on the door whilst you call security - they will be there in 2 minutes.

For either version of events, he was either scared of an intruder or having a raving argument with her - in both circumstances, logic and clear thinking go out of the window.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
OP's version of events. I found this interesting.

article-2282087-1812D800000005DC-495_634x515.jpg

???

That's not the layout of the flat.

This is:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
For either version of events, he was either scared of an intruder or having a raving argument with her - in both circumstances, logic and clear thinking go out of the window.

Well yes, but if it was the latter, his actions were more logical.

For someone scared of an intruder, why was he sleeping with some windows open, perhaps even the balcony sliding doors, and not set his burglar alarm? Seems rather odd to me.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

For someone scared of an intruder, why was he sleeping with some windows open, perhaps even the balcony sliding doors, and not set his burglar alarm? Seems rather odd to me.

What I find just as odd is why Reeva felt the need to lock the toilet door in the first place?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

When I say scared of an intruder, I meant scared once he thought there could be one in the house, not the prior possibility of one. I'm out of here, time to go home. Would quite like to watch the trial coverage to make my mind up, but don't have time this week.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
What I find just as odd is why Reeva felt the need to lock the toilet door in the first place?

She might of eaten a spicy curry?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
When I say scared of an intruder, I meant scared once he thought there could be one in the house, not the prior possibility of one. I'm out of here, time to go home. Would quite like to watch the trial coverage to make my mind up, but don't have time this week.

Yes, I know what you mean. But it was made out after this happened that OP lived in fear and his actions in not securing his home suggests that actually, he wasn't at all. The likelihood of there being an intruder in that house was very small.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Yes, I know what you mean. But it was made out after this happened that OP lived in fear and his actions in not securing his home suggests that actually, he wasn't at all. The likelihood of there being an intruder in that house was very small.

His house and the surrounding houses had 24 hours security didn't they?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Just incase the burglar swam out down the toilet hole?

He's guilty. She was going to leave and he decided he'd kill her and make up this fake excuse of the burglar. He wasn't violent towards her as she could just walk out and he couldn't do nothing about it as he's got no legs to run after her. He waited till she used the toilet then shot her. It was premeditated murder.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
His house and the surrounding houses had 24 hours security didn't they?

Yup. He lives on a gated, secure estate. One way in and out, through guarded gates. Non-residents cannot get in and out without the owners permission. Security guards riding around in bakkies and on bikes all day and all night. 10 foot high walls and electric fences. All houses alarmed.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Yup. He lives on a gated, secure estate. One way in and out, through guarded gates. Non-residents cannot get in and out without the owners permission. Security guards riding around in bakkies and on bikes all day and all night. 10 foot high walls and electric fences. All houses alarmed.

Thnaks KZN. The reason I ask is because I have seen bit and pieces on the news but have seen more by looking into the case on the net, ie, Drawings of the crime scene, location of the house and have read about security which is why I said about the 24 hour. Think you are the best to ask and get answers from as you live in South Africa and know more than us on security. So the chances of burglars evading the security and picking his house out are rafter remote wouldn't you agree?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Thnaks KZN. The reason I ask is because I have seen bit and pieces on the news but have seen more by looking into the case on the net, ie, Drawings of the crime scene, location of the house and have read about security which is why I said about the 24 hour. Think you are the best to ask and get answers from as you live in South Africa and know more than us on security. So the chances of burglars evading the security and picking his house out are rafter remote wouldn't you agree?

They are remote, yes - it would be a bit like breaking into a prison camp. There are stories where guards have been bribed, but that happens very rarely. It will be interesting to see what the defence say about it, if anything.

Edit. And I am no expert on SA security, by the way, as I do not live in one and do not want to either. I have visited them though and the guards are usually extremely efficient - you cannot just pop in to see a friend on a whim, for example - the guards will not let you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here