Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills his girlfriend - reports

So the Sun is outraged about pictures of the Dutchess of Cambridge in a bikini yet went with this front page today....
The-Sun-Oscar-Pistorius-f-001.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not defending The Sun, as such, but the subjects/circumstances aren't comparable at all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not defending The Sun, as such, but the subjects/circumstances aren't comparable at all.

Without comparing subjects though, having a 'sexy' bikini shot of the deceased victim 24 hrs after her death is hardly tasteful is it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Without comparing subjects though, having a 'sexy' bikini shot of the deceased victim 24 hrs after her death is hardly tasteful is it.

I dont know, it's rather fitting mammorial if you ask me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It saved me having to do the Google search though :thumbsup:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

It was her job. She was obviously very proud of her body and shows what a beautiful woman/sort she was. I don't see a problem

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

No it isn't, but I don't think she would mind given her job. A lot of people seem offended on her behalf today.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's a bit of a wierd thing to do isn't it. If she's pissing you off and you absolutely have to shoot her, just hit her in the leg or something. No need to start killing your bird over a domestic.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was her job. She was obviously very proud of her body and shows what a beautiful woman/sort she was. I don't see a problem

No it isn't, but I don't think she would mind given her job. A lot of people seem offended on her behalf today.

Look I'm not personally offended by it, but you have to accept that as a front page, as a full blown image, without her name even being included, it's not exactly tasteful is it. To me it screams 'buy me, I will scrape the intellectual gutter on your behalf and titillate you in the process, there is shit all else inside and it will only cost you 40p', if that floats your boat, then I suppose that is why it sells so many copies...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Look I'm not personally offended by it, but you have to accept that as a front page, as a full blown image, without her name even being included, it's not exactly tasteful is it. To me it screams 'buy me, I will scrape the intellectual gutter on your behalf and titillate you in the process, there is shit all else inside and it will only cost you 40p', if that floats your boat, then I suppose that is why it sells so many copies...

I won't have that, some of the stuff in Dear Deirdre would knock Jeremy Kyles stuff in to a cocked hat !

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

What a load of patronising bollocks.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

She is DEAD though. it would be pretty bloody difficult for her to kick up a fuss.

Based on that logic, If she had ever done a topless shoot, that picture could have been used on page 3 as it was 'her job'?

Of course, im twisting it, but I think I do think it's completely tastelss in this instance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ps Oscar has 'Strongly denied' the charge of Murder.

"The alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms", said a statement released by Mr Pistorius's family and management company after the court hearing.

Will be interesting* to see what his side of the story is

*obviously 'interesting' isn't the best word when someone's lost their life.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'm not denying she is a gorgeous girl and that it was her job, and maybe she wouldn't mind that picture being posted however I do find it all very distasteful and just seems a cheap ploy but the sun showing sexualised picture of the poor girl who is current laying on a slab in a mortuary... It just seems morally wrong sexualising this girl barely after her death...

For the record think he is guilty as hell... A history of domestics and arguments that night. Then Hun shots fired.... Tens mins and then more shots.... Poor girl

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Iam not getting into adebate about guns. Again, The Truth might get involved and that moron makes me want to put my own fist through my brain.

Hi, Nibble. Nice to see NSCs professional film and TV actor is still mentioning me in most of his posts.
You must work out a fair bit to be able to achieve impaling your hand into your brain!? It's actually pretty impressive and i'm honoured to be the person who gets the credit for your actions. It's the thought that counts.

PS Let me know when your next movie release is xxxx

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hi, Nibble. Nice to see NSCs professional film and TV actor is still mentioning me in most of his posts.
You must work out a fair bit to be able to achieve impaling your hand into your brain!? It's actually pretty impressive and i'm honoured to be the person who gets the credit for your actions. It's the thought that counts.

PS Let me know when your next movie release is xxxx

No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here