Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills his girlfriend - reports

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You've got to ask the question - even if his story is true and he did believe it was a burgler, would you not say something first before shooting someone you can't see 4 times through a door?

And would the person in the bathroom not call out or scream?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
joking, but serious, how does a man with no legs kick down a bathroom door?

someone posted that on twitter. What he actually said was he broke the door open with the cricket bat and a key!

Also, how many burglars go to the bathroom in the house they are burgling?

Burglars who need a pee?

You've got to ask the question - even if his story is true and he did believe it was a burgler, would you not say something first before shooting someone you can't see 4 times through a door?

He says he did - screamed at them apparently. Obviously didn't wait for a reply. Only realised Reeva was not in bed after he had shot whoever he thought was in the bathroom.

Proceedings carry on tomorrow.

Lots of interesting stuff coming out, but what caught my eye was when they said that the house was unlocked and that he got up in the night to close a sliding door. Does not tally about his story of living in perpetual fear, hence the reason he owns guns, and also that he appears to be pretty mobile without his prosthetic legs, as he says he only put these on when he realised it was Reeva in the bathroom. And this bathroom is only 1.4 metres by 1.4 metres apparently, so is not somewhere that a burglar is going to find lots of stuff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

According to the live stream he did scream something at them and got no response.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The BBC has apologised after it followed a radio news report on the trial of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius with a song about a man shooting his girlfriend.

The gold-medal winner, known as the Blade Runner for his prosthetic legs, appeared in a South African court for his second appearance over the death of his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp and was formally charged with premeditated murder.

The bulletin, which included details of the case, was played on Radio 6 Music at 9am and was followed by the Jimi Hendrix Experience version of Hey Joe.

The much-covered track, originally recorded by LA folk-rockers The Leaves, includes the lines "Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand? I'm going out to shoot my old lady, you know I caught her messing around with another man".

The show's presenter Nemone, who was sitting in for the usual host Shaun Keaveny, apologised on air after the track was played.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "In light of the nature of the news story, we apologise for any offence caused by the proximity of the song Hey Joe to the bulletin. An on-air apology was made immediately the mistake was realised."

The song was the debut release by the Jimi Hendrix Experience and gave the guitar hero his first hit, reaching number six in the charts in 1967.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The BBC has apologised after it followed a radio news report on the trial of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius with a song about a man shooting his girlfriend.

The gold-medal winner, known as the Blade Runner for his prosthetic legs, appeared in a South African court for his second appearance over the death of his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp and was formally charged with premeditated murder.

The bulletin, which included details of the case, was played on Radio 6 Music at 9am and was followed by the Jimi Hendrix Experience version of Hey Joe.

The much-covered track, originally recorded by LA folk-rockers The Leaves, includes the lines "Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand? I'm going out to shoot my old lady, you know I caught her messing around with another man".

The show's presenter Nemone, who was sitting in for the usual host Shaun Keaveny, apologised on air after the track was played.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "In light of the nature of the news story, we apologise for any offence caused by the proximity of the song Hey Joe to the bulletin. An on-air apology was made immediately the mistake was realised."

The song was the debut release by the Jimi Hendrix Experience and gave the guitar hero his first hit, reaching number six in the charts in 1967.

Could have been worse, could have 'Smack My Bitch Up' by the Prodigy

- - - Updated - - -

Could have been worse, could have 'Smack My Bitch Up' by the Prodigy

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And would the person in the bathroom not call out or scream?

He says he did - screamed at them apparently. Obviously didn't wait for a reply. Only realised Reeva was not in bed after he had shot whoever he thought was in the bathroom.

According to the live stream he did scream something at them and got no response.

This will never get past the Judge. Are we meant to believe that she just hid there and got shot without saying anything? I guess we are, but it seems very unlikely doesn't it.

There's more holes in his story than in his girlfriend I'm afraid to say.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
"and a key" :facepalm:

This is how it has been reported - this is pretty good by SA journalism standards by the way...

"He put "on" his legs, and broke the door open with a cricket bat, got a key and opened it".

- - - Updated - - -

"and a key" :facepalm:

This is how it has been reported - this is pretty good by SA journalism standards by the way...

"He put "on" his legs, and broke the door open with a cricket bat, got a key and opened it".

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
This will never get past the Judge. Are we meant to believe that she just hid there and got shot without saying anything? I guess we are, but it seems very unlikely doesn't it.

There's more holes in his story than in his girlfriend I'm afraid to say.

There are, but then this was just the bail application. I guess they have months to put something more coherent in place, although some commentators are saying he should plead guilty so that he might get out in 25 years.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Anyone know what sort of legs he wears in "normal" life? I assume he doesn't wear racing blades all the time!

09016451%20Peg%20Leg%20wood,%2019%20inches%20high.JPG

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

and of course, the first thing you do upon realising you've just shot the person you love, is not try to stem the flow of blood, not phone an ambulance, you pick them up and carry them downstairs. I mean what the f*ck. It sounds like even then she might have been saved - did I read she was still breathing when his friend arrived at the scene!?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills his girlfriend - reports

I don't think he "allegedly" killed her. I think he definitely killed her. The outstanding question is whether he thought there was a burglar in his bathroom (they do that a lot, burglars, have a wee while burgling), or whether he he knew he was shooting his girlfriend.

LE19

Assuming the door was made of paper (so the bullets went cleanly through), how would he have aimed so accurately that he hit the target with several shots? She would have been cringing in a corner, surely, rather than holding the door-handle or sitting upright on the bog?

Assuming the door was made of paper (so the bullets went cleanly through), how would he have aimed so accurately that he hit the target with several shots? She would have been cringing in a corner, surely, rather than holding the door-handle or sitting upright on the bog?

crime-movies-dirty-harry-callahan-clint-eastwood-via-theedgeoftheframe.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
and of course, the first thing you do upon realising you've just shot the person you love, is not try to stem the flow of blood, not phone an ambulance, you pick them up and carry them downstairs. I mean what the f*ck. It sounds like even then she might have been saved - did I read she was still breathing when his friend arrived at the scene!?

On the evidence so far he's either guilty as sin, or just really really stupid.

I guess we'll find out more in due course when the proper evidence is prestented. One thing that interests me is that he says he fired the shots without his legs on. The prosecution says he put his legs on and fired the shots. That could be a massive point on which the case hinges, as I rekon most of us could prove that one way or another with a tape measure, if we had access to the crime scene

She should've dived in the bath, that's what they do in films. That's one thing in his favour actually, surely if you're in fear of getting shot you don't stand in front of the bloody door :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here