Oscar has lost the fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another article thoroughly researched from NSC!

Andy Naylor and Brian Owen were at Oakwell reporting on the game on Saturday , did they both stick in their ear plugs so they couldn't hear us in the away end ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Completely agree. If our players had taken the very good chances created over the last few weeks most of those moaning about our style would be singing Oscar's praises for winning tight games.

I bet Oscar would love to be able to spend the money Poyet spent on CMS, Buckley and Ulloa but he hasn't and so we have had to stumble through the season with one fit striker for the most part.

Oscar doesn't need to spend money on CMS, Buckley and Ulloa, he's inherited them for free. He could do with doing something constructive with them

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oscar doesn't need to spend money on CMS, Buckley and Ulloa, he's inherited them for free. He could do with doing something constructive with them

How many matches have you seen from your home in Borneo? I'm guessing three at most. Your dislike for all things Bloom and Garcia seems baffling, bordering on pathological. Odd.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
What I don't get is people who compare Oscar to Poyet but also moan about having one striker in the centre. I'd say Garcia has shown far more willingness to get another player alongside Ulloa than Gus ever did in the Championship - often moving one of the wingers more central. Not that it's worked too well but then the player who was most likely to cause a problem in there with him for the majority of the season was sold in Jan.

can't agree with that. It might have been one up front for most of the time but he kept Barnes / Noone / Buckley close enough that Ulloa / CMS weren't totally isolated. Plus Gus always wanted to play two up front, it just barely happened in the championship. CMS and Barnes / Wood played up top together in league 1, in the champ he started with two up front but moved Barnes to the wing when we shipped a lot early in the season. After that he was always looking for the second striker to complement CMS: Vokes, then Paynter, then eventually Ulloa at which point CMS was injured.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
How many matches have you seen from your home in Borneo? I'm guessing three at most. Your dislike for all things Bloom and Garcia seems baffling, bordering on pathological. Odd.

Oh come on, where does that come from? I've seen eight, nine ten games, I guess, although switched off the Middlesbrough game part way through as it was just boring, and listened to the rest of our games on player - but that has nothing to with anything. Pathological dislike? No. I have no dislike for Bloom per se, although dislike some of his decisions and think his treatment of Poyet was poor. But I'm hardly about to start waving a Bloom Out banner. As for Garcia I have said all along I have never expected anything from him this season, he's completely inexperienced, and to support Bloom then we must support this appointment as one for the future and we should give it time. I have no problem with that. However he is incredibly disappointing and has shown next-to-nothing to make us believe that giving him time will result in an improvement. I will still wait though.

Stumpy Tim

Well all three have them have had long-term injuries since Oscar arrived. Maybe you're right & Oscar's biggest mistake has been not to have all three of them hobble around in plaster casts BANGING in the goals

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Well all three have them have had long-term injuries since Oscar arrived. Maybe you're right & Oscar's biggest mistake has been not to have all three of them hobble around in plaster casts BANGING in the goals

? don't get what you mean ? I was just answering someone else's point comparing what Oscar had to Poyet. He's had those three players as much as Poyet had

Stumpy Tim

? don't get what you mean ? I was just answering someone else's point comparing what Oscar had to Poyet. He's had those three players as much as Poyet had

No he hasn't. CMS has played ten minutes under Oscar. Buckley hasn't played more than a few games in a row, while Ulloa was injured for months and hasn't hit form since his return

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Well if CMS hadn't been injured for a year and Buckley could play more than 3 or 4 games without a months break you'd have point. Having only Ulloa (Barnes being sold) as a striker, who has also spent quite a bit of time injured I think you may be being over expectant. You are not alone though.

Throw in the sale of an unfocused Bridcutt and a nasty injury to Crofts when we were doing rather well and I think I have good reason to feel Oscar has been seriously handicapped this season. Yet we are still in with a slim chance of the playoffs, some fans and you are one of them have expectations that are not logical or realistic.

Can you imagine how Poyet would have reacted having only one fit striker available for most of season?

Toys and prams come to mind

I

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I am struggling to understand how some are still excusing poor performances, negative boring football, and some shocking results as a result of OG:-

1) Not having a "proper" pre-season

and/or

2) The squad not being HIS players

Uwe Rosler.

Wigan Athletic 7 December 2013 Present 28 17 7 4 60.71

Tony Pullis.

Crystal Palace 23 November 2013 Present 22 9 3 10 40.91

You see, those excuses don't really have any merit at all do they?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I am struggling to understand how some are still excusing poor performances, negative boring football, and some shocking results as a result of OG:-

and/or

Uwe Rosler.

Tony Pullis.

Both had proper pre-seasons under previous managers, we didn't. Remember one of the reasons we suspended Poyet was his refusal to deal with the retained/released list one of the basic functions of management at the end of a season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Uwe Rosler.

Are you seriously comparing the players we have to the riches that Wigan have in their squad? WOW

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

and/or

Uwe Rosler.

Tony Pullis.

Again, those of us defending Oscar normally point to the injury situation this season -- it's been clearly stated by Icy Gull on this page of the thread -- and the fact that so many of our rivals have been spending so much more money. Yet the likes of you keep and finding straw men to knock over.

Well if CMS hadn't been injured for a year and Buckley could play more than 3 or 4 games without a months break you'd have point. Having only Ulloa (Barnes being sold) as a striker, who has also spent quite a bit of time injured I think you may be being over expectant. You are not alone though.

Throw in the sale of an unfocused Bridcutt and a nasty injury to Crofts when we were doing rather well and I think I have good reason to feel Oscar has been seriously handicapped this season. Yet we are still in with a slim chance of the playoffs, some fans and you are one of them have expectations that are not logical or realistic.

Can you imagine how Poyet would have reacted having only one fit striker available for most of season?

Toys and prams come to mind

I

The Poyet thing is a bit boring now isnt it? Both pro and anti? Saying Poyet is a temperamental idiot doesn't logically help bolster the case for Oscar when you think that argument through a little.

But to the main issue, saying we had only one fit striker here isnt true. Lita, Obika, Rodriguez. The job of a manager is to get something out of these players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports