Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has lost the fans...

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
The booing behind me in the West was unacceptable. At half time as well. Embarrassing

What I found unacceptable was those who clapped the team off at half time. Suppose if you promise a sweet, some will do anything & will applause.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Two options for Tony as I see it. 1) stick by OG, write this season of as one undermined by injuries and a difficult transition from one manager to another, or, 2) make the change now. Give a new man the rest of the season to take a view on players worth keeping and time to prepare for rebuilding in the summer. Can't see any other choices making sense.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It's not the results for me, you win some you lose some.....that's football.
No for me it's how boring, shot shy, predictable, un-enthusiastic and un-interested we are, we are getting overrun in midfield because we are too light weight and also too defensive.
We have gone backwards since Pooyet left, and I honestly think it's better to cut our losses now, and say goodbye to Oscar and get the new man in now so as to give him plenty of time for next season.

So not letting Oscar have the benefit of doubt in that he has lost Bridcutt, Crofts, Barnes, Buckley for most of the season, and individual mistakes are costing us week after week

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What I found unacceptable was those who clapped the team off at half time. Suppose if you promise a sweet, some will do anything & will applause.

Why is clapping your team off a bad thing? The players know when they played bad don't need the 'fans' to boo

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
It's not the results for me, you win some you lose some.....that's football.
No for me it's how boring, shot shy, predictable, un-enthusiastic and un-interested we are, we are getting overrun in midfield because we are too light weight and also too defensive.
We have gone backwards since Pooyet left, and I honestly think it's better to cut our losses now, and say goodbye to Oscar and get the new man in now so as to give him plenty of time for next season.

Agree. Time for a change. The man oozes magnolia paint & has the personality of a sloth.
Need a manager with passion, vision, insight, experience, a winner, tactician & contacts to bring in top players.

Oscar has none of these qualities.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There's aren't a lot of different outcomes to a football game -- win or loss, or draw.

After one of them, we immediately look for a single explanation -- and that makes the range of alternative causes seem irrelevant.
If a result was positive, it must have been the right lineup, or the correct tactics, or the best substitution decision.
If a result was negative, it must have been the wrong substitution, tactics, lineup, etc.

Good decisions can be, are made, even when a team draws, or even loses.
Bad decisions can be made, and a team can still win, or not lose, or lose.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not even sure having a full strength squad would have changed the boring negative tactics.

But how can you say that, he has never had a full squad to pick from

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Agree. Time for a change. The man oozes magnolia paint & has the personality of a sloth.
Need a manager with passion, vision, insight, experience, a winner, tactician & contacts to bring in top players.

We were told about his attacking Barcelona stye and his direct links with Johan Cruyff, Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and Barcelona themselves, why has he not pulled on his contacts for advice or got a couple of the Cheslski or Barca youngsters in, instead of the likes of Obika and Lita etc.?

It's boring negative backwards pap that we are being served. Great that he is bringing the youngsters through like Ince and March, but JFC is so overrated. Play-offs are a faded dream, we would be slaughtered if we even got close.

keeper01

sharon
Sep 18, 2011
southwick
last time i saw a crowd reaction like today was when mcghee substituted Revel at the Withden, shortly after he was gone, too many players ending contracts at the end of the season , no motivation to get promoted, no motivation from the manager or coach
How many of the players whose contracts end at the end of the season would we keep if promoted ?

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
why not let the players and staff know that it's not acceptable to play so negatively in front of the biggest home crowd in the league week after week?

agree with this, total garbage today, again, its actually getting so boring ruins the weekend going

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has only lost the "punt it forwards as I can't see or understand the point of passing and retaining possession" idiots. To be honest the place will be much nicer without them. Good riddance I say.

What utter rubbish. some posters bang on about how they appreciate this that or whatever.

Basically I want to be entertained, simple really. This season irrelevant of the position in the league we have not been.

Been watching Brighton for 40 years home and away but have become resigned to being bored every time I watch us.

I'm not alone.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

we used to have one of those until someone sacked him ...............................and I still don't know exactly why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here