Oscar has lost the fans...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Need a manager with passion, vision, insight, experience, a winner, tactician & contacts to bring in top players.

If passion mattered, Sir Alex Ferguson would still be managing St. Mirren.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What utter rubbish. some posters bang on about how they appreciate this that or whatever.

Basically I want to be entertained, simple really. This season irrelevant of the position in the league we have not been.

Been watching Brighton for 40 years home and away but have become resigned to being bored every time I watch us.

I'm not alone.

Someone mentioned earlier this week that the last manager to play football as dull as this was Mike Bailey, who took us to our highest ever league finishing position. He got fired.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He has only lost the "punt it forwards as I can't see or understand the point of passing and retaining possession" idiots. To be honest the place will be much nicer without them. Good riddance I say.

Utter rubbish!

Nothing wrong with playing possession football, but you have to have a purpose to it.

we do not drag teams about as we are so slow and don't look to go forwards only sideways and backwards.

Middlesbrough played some great football on the deck today and it was all going forwards and looking to be positive when they had possession. They defended and attached as a group.

We are not positive in possession and we do not attack as a group, which is why we do not create enough clear cut goal scoring opportunities.

The manager comes across as boring and dull and that is how the team plays.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Someone mentioned earlier this week that the last manager to play football as dull as this was Mike Bailey, who took us to our highest ever league finishing position. He got fired.

Yes you're right. Crowds tumbled.

Football as a spectator sport has to be entertaining. Simple really.

I remember the Mike Bailey time at The Goldstone well. The results were not too dissimilar now, but at least we played football till we scored, then tried to shut up shop. The current team don't try & score! Passing 20 times sideways & then losing the ball is plain boring. Mike Bamber sacked Bailey when the gates started dipping. Suppose Oscar is very very lucky that the feel good factor over the Amex is still around. How much longer though?

The only game we deserved to win in the last few weeks was at boltonand played well at sheffield but they were away at home we have been poor and getting worse the spirit has gone and can't see it coming back unless playersget given the hair dryer treatment that i don't think Oscar is capable of

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I just wish we could break faster. The pace of Palace breaks has just been covered on MoTD and we see it from so many other clubs but we look so pedestrian going forward. That's not a problem if you're Barcelona and can thread inch perfect balls through microscopic gaps but... er... we can't?

The boos do suggest a problem ahead. Oscar is going to have a very tough close season if this form keeps up until May. The natives will be restless.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's not lost me, people seem to have short memories on here.

We lose 3 games on the bounce and it's bye bye Oscar? Gimme a break, many teams would kill to be in the mix for a play-off place in the championship. Season is not over.

It is over, wake up.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Lost me.

Time for a change in the summer.

Oscar has only one way of playing. We were found out a while a go. It's now boring.

This incorrect.

You seem to be suggesting Oscar has a Plan A, but no Plan B. That's suggest Oscar has a Plan A, which he clearly doesn't.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Said it before, fans will accept dull football if the team is grinding out results and making progress. Last 3 games we seem to have lost that knack, just when the playoff opportunity was knocking. Likewise, defeat, whilst not welcomed is accepted if the team has given everything and there has been plenty of excitement. Losing games playing dull football will inevitably lead to declining gates, reduced revenue and more pressure with FFP. TB and PB will have to act. I hoped OG would be the right man for the job. Starting to have my doubts now.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
He hasn't lost me. I don't think we'll make the playoffs this season. But, overall, he's done at least as well as I expected at the beginning of the season, and I have more than a hunch that he'll do better next season. Psychological studies show that a large proportion of the population find the concept of delayed gratification hard to grasp, and the posts on here today suggest that many Brighton fans are no different. That doesn't surprise me, and it doesn't worry me. Oscar will still be here next season, and we will do better next season. Have a wee bit of patience for f***s sake.

L

litmanen

In the next game:

-----------Ulloa-----March--------------

Lua Lua-----Stephens-----Ince----Buckley

Ward--------Bruno---Upson-------Chicksen

--------------Kuszczak------------------

I know it looks desperate, but the game can't possibly get any worse from that.
Dunk, Greer and Upson have all made a lot of mistakes, but unfortunately at least one of them has to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports