Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia will be at the match tomorrow

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Wish he'd stayed and told TB to shove his recruitment policy up his arse and let him sign his own players. We would be in a much better place now.

Don't transpose your personality onto his!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
OG was the start of a failed change of club policy. However in the defense of Garcia the club ,it seems failed to grasp some of the detail themselves.A head coach is exactly that !!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The key thing that hampered Oscar was the expensively assembled squad that Gus put together that failed to get promoted. Once we missed out, with the FFP restrictions in place we had to cut back. He and the recruitment team were left with little room to manoeuvre

I don't think it was that expensive at all. Always seemed a myth to me that we were spending big - we really weren't compared to most clubs. Jordan Rhodes cost more than the whole squad we had I think...!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think it was that expensive at all. Always seemed a myth to me that we were spending big - we really weren't compared to most clubs. Jordan Rhodes cost more than the whole squad we had I think...!

Yep, apart from the spend on Ulloa and CMS the squad were loans, freebies or already with us.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Oscar did very well for us. He had no experience of the English game and that was a hard team to manage after Poyet had spat his dummy. We'll never know what he would have liked to do with recruitment last summer. Clearly he disagreed with what Burke was proposing.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
As I posted previously, I heard the same thing & I didn't hear it from an agent.
And? No doubt the agent/player spreading gossip to protect their reputation. I am not saying Bloom wasn't at fault but I am certain this story has a little bit of spin added to it.
Either way, it's no surprise to see the Dick Knight lovers RELISH in the tale. They don't seem to enjoy the story about the DK admin cock up that cost us 150k for Turienzo. Wonder who had to pay that bill? Or the story that's conveniently embellished in DK's book that Quincy Owusu Abeyie was due to join on loan only for DK to miss a meeting with Arsene Wenger meaning the transfer didn't go through.

Nobody is perfect but there is a lot more to tales like this than meets the eye.

Stumpy Tim

Wish he'd stayed and told TB to shove his recruitment policy up his arse and let him sign his own players. We would be in a much better place now.
He actually wanted less involvement in player recruitment believe it or not. I remember seeing him on transfer deadline day, picking up his daughter from school. Surprised me given our need for players, so the story about having his phone off wouldn't surprise me at all

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And? No doubt the agent/player spreading gossip to protect their reputation. I am not saying Bloom wasn't at fault but I am certain this story has a little bit of spin added to it.
Either way, it's no surprise to see the Dick Knight lovers RELISH in the tale. They don't seem to enjoy the story about the DK admin cock up that cost us 150k for Turienzo. Wonder who had to pay that bill? Or the story that's conveniently embellished in DK's book that Quincy Owusu Abeyie was due to join on loan only for DK to miss a meeting with Arsene Wenger meaning the transfer didn't go through.

Nobody is perfect but there is a lot more to tales like this than meets the eye.

Blimey. Who trod on your corns?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He actually wanted less involvement in player recruitment believe it or not. I remember seeing him on transfer deadline day, picking up his daughter from school. Surprised me given our need for players, so the story about having his phone off wouldn't surprise me at all

Could it be that he had been told that none of the players he wanted were attainable, for whatever reason, and that he was just the coach and the responsibility for player recruitment was down to Burke? Just a thought and a very good reason for him to turn his phone off and feck off at the first opportunity.

Isn't this just more club spin, after he left, that he had no wish to be involved in player recruitment?. I just find to really hard to believe that any coach/manager who had any ambition would take that stance. I have never heard Oscar say he has no interest in recommending or suggesting players.

Stumpy Tim

Could it be that he had been told that none of the players he wanted were attainable, for whatever reason, and that he was just the coach and the responsibility for player recruitment was down to Burke? Just a thought and a very good reason for him to turn his phone off and feck off at the first opportunity.

Isn't this just more club spin, after he left, that he had no wish to be involved in player recruitment?. I just find to really hard to believe that any coach/manager who had any ambition would take that stance. I have never heard Oscar say he has no interest in recommending or suggesting players.
Oscar told me himself

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oscar told me himself

Of course he did. No doubt he discussed tactics for upcoming games and told you how he got NJ to overtrain the players as he didn't bother to communicate with them or get involved with the training.

Stumpy Tim

Of course he did. No doubt he discussed tactics for upcoming games and told you how he got NJ to overtrain the players as he didn't bother to communicate with them?
Erm. No he didn't. His kid was in my daughter's class at school, so I did speak to him about a few things - and player signings was brought up in the context of our budget against teams like QPR. He wanted Grabban

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Erm. No he didn't. His kid was in my daughter's class at school, so I did speak to him about a few things - and player signings was brought up in the context of our budget against teams like QPR. He wanted Grabban

Fair enough

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
[TWEET]564060389156352000[/TWEET]

bloody hell.

Glad to hear that though. Rubbish as he was as a manager, a good guy and nice to know he still feels like coming.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
love this thread ...great to see Oscar back at the amex and surprised and pleased that sami is a spectator too
anyone know why,
or is it the same as for the rest of us, they just love The Amex and BHAFC!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
[TWEET]564060389156352000[/TWEET]

Sami is a good guy and a gent.

He could have stayed on and got sacked and paid off, but no, he put his hands up and walked.

Very rare and, as I say, top man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here