Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia will be at the match tomorrow

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
There was a post on here that said he started singing a hymn during a negotiation, and he said he was practicing for a funeral the next day. It may have been in the Grabban deal from what I remember of the post.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Who's funeral are you going to?"

"Yours if you don't sign that piece of paper."

10.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Until you consider that Grabban was a done deal at one stage.....

Lewis Grabban was shown around the ground, was impressed with everything that the club had to offer and the deal was, as you say, as good as done. The club then asked Grabban to hold on because Tony Bloom was in Australia asleep and had asked the deal to be delayed until he'd re-read the contract when he woke up. His agent and Grabban thought 'sod that', got in their car and drove back to B'Muff.

How do I know this? We were sat next to the agent on the way up to the Forest away game last season and he told us himself.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Although I like boobs and fannies, I actually love Oscar.

Genuine bloke, loads of time for the fans, great manager.

He certainly got the very best out of the players at his disposal, which is the sign of a true quality coach. I tend not to listen to rumour and bullsh1t, just judged him on what he did with the players on the pitch. His only flaw seems to be that of a quitter.

Also, I liked his chinos.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Lewis Grabban was shown around the ground, was impressed with everything that the club had to offer and the deal was, as you say, as good as done. The club then asked Grabban to hold on because Tony Bloom was in Australia asleep and had asked the deal to be delayed until he'd re-read the contract when he woke up. His agent and Grabban thought 'sod that', got in their car and drove back to B'Muff.

How do I know this? We were sat next to the agent on the way up to the Forest away game last season and he told us himself.

That's what I'd heard too Although with the addition that Grabban and agent had indicated they wanted more and only Bloom could agree it and he was getting his beauty sleep

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That's what I heard too.

Dec 29, 2011
I won't be there on Saturday but if I hear a few rounds of the "oscar garcia" song I'll be chuffed. I hope he hears our appreciation of what he did for the club in his short stay. He was a great coach and got the results from a fairly poor squad. He also delivered one of the best Albion moments in recent history. I would have loved to see him stay and bring more of his ethos to the club (coaches/recruitment etc).

However, the blow of losing him is a lot less now we have Hughton. I think Hughton is the real deal, has extensive knowledge of the English leagues and will do a really good job for us in the next few years, perhaps even better than Garcia could have done if he had stayed.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

That's the agent spin though. I bet there was more too it than that, perhaps Bloom wasn't expecting to need to be involved and was asleep at 4am when the call came in

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's the agent spin though. I bet there was more too it than that, perhaps Bloom wasn't expecting to need to be involved and was asleep at 4am when the call came in

As I posted previously, I heard the same thing & I didn't hear it from an agent.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He walked past once with his POODLE

I once saw Oscar with his canine accomplise after a full English at the very same venue. That was the day of HashBrownGate.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Just supposing.....

One wonders what CH could have achieved with the squad which was available to OG last term ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here