Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
So Navaro was head fitness coach at Valencia in their pomp, Vicente is arguably the most talented player ever to wear our blue and white stripes, he wants to come back when Gus is gone, he's had fitness problems since we snared him. Lordy, imagine a fit happy Vicente pulling the strings, with Buckley marauding down the wing, Bridders screening the defence, a big Pole in the goal and The Beast slamming in 30 odd goals........ He'll yeah, bring it on Oscar!

I like your style

Oct 25, 2003
most importantly, what do you guys think his WARDROBE will be like?

as seen on the video, he's not afraid to don a polo shirt (official bruno merch obviously)...so i'm going for that for the warmer months, maybe with some CHINOS (tucked in of course, with brown leather belt and topped off with brown BROGUES and SHADES

as for winter, i'm not sure...spain and israel won't have set him up for our harsh climate, but i'm going for white unbuttoned shirt, navy blue v-neck, grey SCARF, JEANS and black chelsea boots

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oscar García, FC Barcelona’s philosophy to lead Brighton to the Premier League
Posted on June 26, 2013 by noeliadeniz

I have known Oscar García for many years now, I started by admiring him as a football player, a young talent starting to shine in Masia alongside his younger brother, Roger García. He was always dedicated and hardworking, if you add to this that he is a man of principles, honest, who puts his heart in everything he does, you have the perfect mix. Brighton fans should be proud of this great signing.

He knows to perfection the FC Barcelona’s philosophy, not only because he grew up learning and practicing it but because his first “proper” managerial job was with Juvenile A, the first professional team in the scale of FC Barcelona’s football academy, followed by Barça B (2nd Division, equivalent to Championship in England) and the first team.

The importance of his knowledge and experience as a Barça player reflected on his achievements the first season with Juvenile A, winning in 2010/2011 all 3 main titles on dispute for the first time in history: Liga, Copa del Rey and Copa de Campeones.

The following season he was offered to take over as a manager for Maccabi Tel Aviv, in Israel. He departed even though the season had not finished for Juvenile A, due to some issues.

In Israel he put together a competitive team with a style that reminded of Barça, saving the distances. The key I’d say was something that had already worked previously with Juvenile A: he created the right environment to make the team feel like a family, there was a great union among players and between them and Oscar. He knows well how to bring out the best of everyone: makes them feel valued and gives them the encouragement to always try harder. This is always a bonus.

The result: Maccabi Tel Aviv finished last season as Champions, after 10 years of not winning the League, and securing a place in Champions League 2013/2014. This is an achievement that only two other ex-Barcelona’s football players (Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova) have accomplished. Maccabi wanted Oscar to continue to work for them but the catalan was quick to announce (in May) and for the benefit of the Israeli club, that he had decided to quick his job.

I had no doubt many teams would knock at his door and Brighton is one exciting project. To me, he is the perfect man to lead the club to the Premier League. Oscar will travel to Brighton tomorrow morning, amidst great expectations; I assure you all that he won’t let anyone down.

:clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

as seen on the video, he's not afraid to don a polo shirt (official bruno merch obviously)...so i'm going for that for the warmer months, maybe with some CHINOS (tucked in of course, with brown leather belt and topped off with brown BROGUES and SHADES

as for winter, i'm not sure...spain and israel won't have set him up for our harsh climate, but i'm going for white unbuttoned shirt, navy blue v-neck, grey SCARF, JEANS and black chelsea boots

Baseball cap, Albion sweatshirt, and players shorts and socks. A spanish Tony Pulis. :jester:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Silk dressing gown, slippers, cravat and cigarette holder for all I care, as long as what is happening on the pitch is OK.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
You've got me BANG to rights.

Personally I don't care about his years of experience in the Barcelona set up, the fact that he qualified for the Champions Leage in his first managerial season, or his contacts with Barcelona or Bayern Munich. For me its all about the fact he can speak Spanish.

Yes, those emotive words give you some comfort on paper, I understand. But it's more than acceptable for brightonmark to register his skepticism over a manager who has merely one season's experience in the mighty Israeli league before capacity 14,700 crowds, surely?

Oct 25, 2003
Baseball cap, Albion sweatshirt, and players shorts and socks. A spanish Tony Pulis. :jester:

i feel physically sick

one thing that always got me about gus was his erratic dress sense. Some games he'd go for it...i'm talking v-neck sweaters, good shoes, a stylish coat etc. and he'd look a million dollars

other games he'd just get into his trackies as though he'd just popped down sports direct...AND AS FOR THOSE TRAINERS- BLEUGH

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More straws, vicar?

Nope, cold winter's evening, bottom of the table and yet another goal hits the back of your net. I expect to be loving it

You really think that imagining that sort of scenario occurring is "clutching at straws"? :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Junyent, there's no need to feel down
I said Junyent, pick yourself off the ground
I said Junyent, cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy

Junyent, there's a place you can go.
I said Junyent, when you're short on your dough
You can stay there, and i'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the....

Ridiculous. :rave:

Yes, those emotive words give you some comfort on paper, I understand. But it's more than acceptable for brightonmark to register his skepticism over a manager who has merely one season's experience in the mighty Israeli league before capacity 14,700 crowds, surely?

He WASN'T registering any scepticism you illiterate Palace mong, read the thread or don't bother to comment on it.

For days, our Mark has said only ONE thing and that is that he wants him as manager and NOBODY else.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Óscar García Junyent - Sky reporting he has been appointed Interim Manager(me...

Seriously WTF has this thread got to do with you?

Don't forget it's US that are obsessed

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mr VHA - I'm getting bored of reading all my 'Reported Post' notifications, from the people you are boring.

Wind your neck in, or I'll do as they are requesting and give you a holiday.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Oscar García, FC Barcelona’s philosophy to lead Brighton to the Premier League
Posted on June 26, 2013 by noeliadeniz

I have known Oscar García for many years now, I started by admiring him as a football player, a young talent starting to shine in Masia alongside his younger brother, Roger García. He was always dedicated and hardworking, if you add to this that he is a man of principles, honest, who puts his heart in everything he does, you have the perfect mix. Brighton fans should be proud of this great signing.

He knows to perfection the FC Barcelona’s philosophy, not only because he grew up learning and practicing it but because his first “proper” managerial job was with Juvenile A, the first professional team in the scale of FC Barcelona’s football academy, followed by Barça B (2nd Division, equivalent to Championship in England) and the first team.

The importance of his knowledge and experience as a Barça player reflected on his achievements the first season with Juvenile A, winning in 2010/2011 all 3 main titles on dispute for the first time in history: Liga, Copa del Rey and Copa de Campeones.

The following season he was offered to take over as a manager for Maccabi Tel Aviv, in Israel. He departed even though the season had not finished for Juvenile A, due to some issues.

In Israel he put together a competitive team with a style that reminded of Barça, saving the distances. The key I’d say was something that had already worked previously with Juvenile A: he created the right environment to make the team feel like a family, there was a great union among players and between them and Oscar. He knows well how to bring out the best of everyone: makes them feel valued and gives them the encouragement to always try harder. This is always a bonus.

The result: Maccabi Tel Aviv finished last season as Champions, after 10 years of not winning the League, and securing a place in Champions League 2013/2014. This is an achievement that only two other ex-Barcelona’s football players (Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova) have accomplished. Maccabi wanted Oscar to continue to work for them but the catalan was quick to announce (in May) and for the benefit of the Israeli club, that he had decided to quick his job.

I had no doubt many teams would knock at his door and Brighton is one exciting project. To me, he is the perfect man to lead the club to the Premier League. Oscar will travel to Brighton tomorrow morning, amidst great expectations; I assure you all that he won’t let anyone down.

I'm so excited!! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports