Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Origi + 20 mill for Bissouma.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I like Origi. Personality wise, he’d be a great great fit here.

But, does not possess the all round game that Potter is interested in?

True No.9s (of which I classify Origi) are going massively out of fashion for Big Six sides. I’d prefer a winger like Cyle Larin to come who is able to play any role in the attacking positions but offers similar qualities to Origi with pace, strength and aerial ability. Let’s take the full £50m+ for Biss.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope you're right Gabbafella! I saw an interview where he described Graham Potter as being like a father for him, and that connection would be hard to walk away from, given that a new manager would not have that sort of supportive relationship with him, at least not for a very long time.

And despite some opinions, he is religiously devout which is likely to mitigate his imperatives and exuberances ne would have thought (albeit it didn't seem to have an equivalent effect on Sturridge)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When was the last time a player trade was made in the PL? The 90s?

They are very rare, the most recent one I can think of is Ashley Cole joining Chelsea which I believe involved cash plus William Gallas going to Arsenal in return. That was in 2006.

According to press reports over the last couple of seasons Arsenal were willing to offer player(s) plus cash to sign James Madison from Leicester and Emiliano Buendía from Norwich. Neither transfer happened.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are very rare, the most recent one I can think of is Ashley Cole joining Chelsea which I believe involved cash plus William Gallas going to Arsenal in return. That was in 2006.

According to press reports over the last couple of seasons Arsenal were willing to offer player(s) plus cash to sign James Madison from Leicester and Emiliano Buendía from Norwich. Neither transfer happened.

Yeah and after posting that I also came to think of the Sanchez / Mkhitaryan trade. But these trades are indeed very rare, rare enough to not really warrant a mention.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeah and after posting that I also came to think of the Sanchez / Mkhitaryan trade. But these trades are indeed very rare, rare enough to not really warrant a mention.

I'd forgotten about that one, there does seem to be one common factor in these deals and rumours though and that's Arsenal.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
.......for Liverpool

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If bissouma wasn't running down his contract I would say no. However it's crunch time now. This would probably be a good deal for both parties.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

How do you know we aren't discussing a new contract with him. He's got about 18 months left. Could only argue that he's running his contract down if nothing is happening by the start of next season. He also has the bail issue hanging over him at the moment plus Afcon.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Must be a real ball ache trying to balance wages for new players with what the existing ones are on and keeping the ship upright.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Origi available for £10 million according to Sky Sports.
Obviously wages would come into it, but worth a punt surely at that price.
Free Agent in the summer also.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Origi available for £10 million according to Sky Sports.
Obviously wages would come into it, but worth a punt surely at that price.
Free Agent in the summer also.

We could take him on loan then ? and see how it pans out for both us and him, before making an offer.
That is the most sensible route.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Liverpool have signed Diaz from Porto so assume Origi will be on way out - still think it’s worth a punt on transfer fee but wages may be large

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liverpool have signed Diaz from Porto so assume Origi will be on way out - still think it’s worth a punt on transfer fee but wages may be large

.One prospective big money top six move for Bissouma ruled out then? Liverpool have gone for the cheaper midfield optiion from the overseas market.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
.One prospective big money top six move for Bissouma ruled out then? Liverpool have gone for the cheaper midfield optiion from the overseas market.

He’s a completely different type of player to Bissouma isn’t he? Unless it leaves Liverpool short of cash I don’t think it has any bearing on any potential interest in Bissouma.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He’s a completely different type of player to Bissouma isn’t he? Unless it leaves Liverpool short of cash I don’t think it has any bearing on any potential interest in Bissouma.

It’s wether we have enough in the midfield without him that would drive this.

Origi I assume would be more of an attacking midfIelder/ attacker, but I don’t think the two players are mutually similar.

Still bollocks though

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It’s wether we have enough in the midfield without him that would drive this.

Origi I assume would be more of an attacking midfIelder/ attacker, but I don’t think the two players are mutually similar.

Still bollocks though

I was talking about Diaz, who Liverpool have just signed, and Bissouma. There was a suggestion that because Liverpool had signed Diaz they wouldn’t be after Bissouma anymore.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would definitely have Origi. Would add something different.

I never get this Origi thing? He's been at Liverpool for what seems like years and rarely gets a game and no other Premier League teams seem interested in signing him? what would he really bring to us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here