Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Letter To The Club

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That's because the club don't/won't talk and none of us no s**t.

Although that doesn't stop people from giving out all the chin music.

But what we do know is that we have sold another player today, taking our transfer income since January to roughly £14 million, and we have thus far not adequately replaced those who have left, let alone strengthen. And the season has started.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
These threads get more and more pathetic each time.

Ha, your back .... been impressed by your self control, lasted way longer than your pal!

I can see nothing wrong with the OP's post

Except 99% of us could write a bloody good reply. Indeed with my years working with a number of top PR agencies I think I might even be able to better any statement that the club might make

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But what we do know is that we have sold another player today, taking our transfer income since January to roughly £14 million, and we have thus far not adequately replaced those who have left, let alone strengthen. And the season has started.
If you're only going to cherry pick selected facts that suit your agenda, then yes it's going to look bad.
For the umpteenth time you have been told, by the owner of the club:-

We will be competitive.
Money will be spent.
The right players will be bought in.
This will happen before the end of this transfer window.

Come 01.09, this thread will either look pathetic or justified.
Currently though it just looks pathetic.

If it were to look justified we will all have the right to ask questions of the club.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and Mr Burke,

I live around 200 miles away from Brighton but I pay £45 a month to have a season ticket. I can't always make it and I can't always get someone to go in my place but I continue to pay my money as I figure it goes towards helping the club. I am not one for panic. But I like many Albion fans am getting a little worried.

I appreciate FFP is a chain around our clubs ankle, I appreciate that I know nothing about how transfers work, I appreciate you all work hard and want the best for our club. However the silence is at this moment not helping. It's leaving a vacum that is filled by false rumour upon false rumour, the dealing so far are looking like a club with a real financial problem. £15m or so in and very little out.

I am not asking for a grand statement but please be honest with us as it's starting to look like you don't really care about the fans (I don't believe this is true but your silent policy is making it look like that)!

Regards

Forster's Armband

Absolutely pathetic. Where you live is completely irrelevant, that's your choice. Why do you think the club should comment on confidential transfer negotiations? What do you think that would do to the club's reputation among players and agents? Do you think it would help our cause in trying to sign players?

Find yourself a hobby.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely pathetic. Where you live is completely irrelevant, that's your choice. Why do you think the club should comment on confidential transfer negotiations? What do you think that would do to the club's reputation among players and agents? Do you think it would help our cause in trying to sign players?

Find yourself a hobby.
Oi get your filthy hands off pathetic, that's my word.
You can have:-

feeble, woeful, sorry, poor, pitiful, lamentable, deplorable, miserable, wretched, contemptible, despicable, inadequate, meagre, paltry, insufficient, negligible, insubstantial, unsatisfactory, worthless.

Oh and you can't have tedious, either. :lolol:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ha ha you coudnt make it up,brightens up my day this does

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Must be pretty close to a 200 mile round trip for anyone living in North London going North to join the M25 ???

But he said he lives about 200 miles AWAY

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't think we need one everyday. We are selling selling selling and then taking McCourt on trial and signing O'Grady. They played in a team that got relegated. It's all seems a bit odd to me and as a paying fan/customer (whatever) I would like to know if we are being bullshitted too. I suspect we are not but none the less I am getting worried and like I said I am really not one for bed wetting.

Or it could be shrewd business - Ogrady 15 goals in the champ in a shite team. Paddy McCourt, in the one game I saw him play completely destroyed the Albion and scored a fantastic goal. Always two ways of looking at things I guess.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I know we're not allowed to call people bedwetters anymore, but for Vicente's sake, just look at that opening post.

I bet that the first thought that crossed the minds of even the most concerned members of this board was "What a bedwetter".

Also - open letters are inexcusable. Self important, blustering, ill-informed and usually purporting to represent the views of countless others regardless of whether people hold these views or not. Bleurgh.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Obviously means a 200 mile round trip which is about right as its 87 miles from barnet to brighton :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 146

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here