Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Letter To The Club

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Yep seriously, ppl like u have no respect for the views of others

of course I have respect for other people's views.
but sending an open letter to the Club's chairman three weeks ahead of transfer deadline is an utter nonsense, and frankly seems a bit attention seeking.
I am sorry but some people need to get a sense check right now. I don't agree with the way certain things have been handled so far, but god there's some overreaction.

if in September you feel our squad has been decimated this letter may feel a little more justified.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Because it is the 7361st thread about the same topic. Bloom has said wait until the end of August and we'll have a decent squad so let's wait until then. If at that point the squad looks crap then by all means slag Burke and Bloom off. Some people think there should be a statement of intent EVERY day.

19 days and one hour to go until we can determine whether we have a decent squad,12% of the games would have been played by then. Does Usain Bolt give his competitors a 12m start? We're waiting for cast offs, free transfers and loan deals. Do we have your permission to slag them on the 1st Septemeber if we don't have a decent squad, which means FIVE quality signings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You clearly don't cook, as no one with a decent palette would cook steak for that long!!!
You clearly have never cooked steak properly.

Heating the oil, foaming the butter, turning the steak every 15 seconds, and leaving it to rest for 5 mins.
In fairness I've probably not left myself enough time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you're going to write a letter to the club, please can you comment on the Pies too? (Though not sure if we're complaining or praising them this week on NSC, either way, clearing the club needs a pie policy)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
One other thing.

If/when the hierarchy of the club actually breaks a commitment its made, I will be concerned about the future.

Once again Tony said, 8 days ago, 'judge me at the end of the window'.

It's lucky none of you lot are judges on Masterchef.

'This steak is raw'.
'That's because I still have 10 minutes cooking time'.

But service has already started, and so far we seem to have out the steak back in the fridge rather than warmed up the pan...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But service has already started, and so far we seem to have out the steak back in the fridge rather than warmed up the pan...
That's because the club don't/won't talk and none of us no s**t.

Although that doesn't stop people from giving out all the chin music.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Listen up this is supposed to be a forum where people can exchange views and concerns without being made a mug of. He posted perfectly legitimate views imo

People don't make mugs of others, they do it by what they post themselves. Others are merely pointing out what the individual has done to themselves in case they are oblivious to the fact. More a case of education than ridicule.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Like it or not £45 a month entitles you to **** all when the club is in debt to the tune of £100+m, and operating at a £14m a year deficit.

The club is not bound by FFP, Tony is bound by his desire/need to make the club self sufficient.
Even if FFP didn't exist very little would be different at the club.

We had a fans forum 8 days ago.
It was CLEARLY stated the club should be judged at the END of the transfer window.

It doesn't matter what you think the dealing make the club look like.
The financial report is a statement of fact that the club has 'real financial problem'.

We all know the club will be silent over dealings, the club always has been and that's not going to change.
Why do you need to know right now?
What can you do about it?.
What difference can you make?.

If you don't like it feck off, nobody is making you go to the football.

If only Paul Barber could copy and paste this as the reply.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because it is the 7361st thread about the same topic. Bloom has said wait until the end of August and we'll have a decent squad so let's wait until then. If at that point the squad looks crap then by all means slag Burke and Bloom off. Some people think there should be a statement of intent EVERY day.

This. FFS shut up about transfers until Sept 1st.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
19 days and one hour to go until we can determine whether we have a decent squad,12% of the games would have been played by then. Does Usain Bolt give his competitors a 12m start? We're waiting for cast offs, free transfers and loan deals. Do we have your permission to slag them on the 1st Septemeber if we don't have a decent squad, which means FIVE quality signings.
It's only the equivalent of a 12m start if we lose every game, which we won't. Bed wetters of the world are welcome to unite and judge on 1 sept. My bet is we'll be ok, top half. We aren't going up this year but I don't care.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Like it or not £45 a month entitles you to **** all when the club is in debt to the tune of £100+m, and operating at a £14m a year deficit.

The club is not bound by FFP, Tony is bound by his desire/need to make the club self sufficient.
Even if FFP didn't exist very little would be different at the club.

We had a fans forum 8 days ago.
It was CLEARLY stated the club should be judged at the END of the transfer window.

It doesn't matter what you think the dealing make the club look like.
The financial report is a statement of fact that the club has 'real financial problem'.

We all know the club will be silent over dealings, the club always has been and that's not going to change.
Why do you need to know right now?
What can you do about it?.
What difference can you make?.

If you don't like it feck off, nobody is making you go to the football.

Rubbish

The club is NOT in debt to the tune of 100m. Where's that come from?

The football club rents a facility that a separate company owns for the sum of 1m per year. it has run a ONE year loss of 14m not debt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rubbish

The club is NOT in debt to the tune of 100m. Where's that come from?

The football club rents a facility that a separate company owns for the sum of 1m per year. it has run a ONE year loss of 14m not debt.

Err, the holding company owes Tony Bloom £102 million and he has converted another £65 million of debt into shares.......as at 30 June 2013, which is before fully funding Lancing.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and Mr Burke,

I live around 200 miles away from Brighton but I pay £45 a month to have a season ticket. I can't always make it and I can't always get someone to go in my place but I continue to pay my money as I figure it goes towards helping the club. I am not one for panic. But I like many Albion fans am getting a little worried.

I appreciate FFP is a chain around our clubs ankle, I appreciate that I know nothing about how transfers work, I appreciate you all work hard and want the best for our club. However the silence is at this moment not helping. It's leaving a vacum that is filled by false rumour upon false rumour, the dealing so far are looking like a club with a real financial problem. £15m or so in and very little out.

I am not asking for a grand statement but please be honest with us as it's starting to look like you don't really care about the fans (I don't believe this is true but your silent policy is making it look like that)!

Regards

Forster's Armband

Please tell me you didn't actually send that to him too?

There are over 2 weeks til the end of the window, with probably half our players coming after that in the loan window. It's frustrating to see good players leave, but I don't believe the owners want to have a weakened team, do you?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and Mr Burke,

I live around 200 miles away from Brighton but I pay £45 a month to have a season ticket. I can't always make it and I can't always get someone to go in my place but I continue to pay my money as I figure it goes towards helping the club. I am not one for panic. But I like many Albion fans am getting a little worried.

I appreciate FFP is a chain around our clubs ankle, I appreciate that I know nothing about how transfers work, I appreciate you all work hard and want the best for our club. However the silence is at this moment not helping. It's leaving a vacum that is filled by false rumour upon false rumour, the dealing so far are looking like a club with a real financial problem. £15m or so in and very little out.

I am not asking for a grand statement but please be honest with us as it's starting to look like you don't really care about the fans (I don't believe this is true but your silent policy is making it look like that)!

Regards

Forster's Armband

Did you read the statement from the club? I have to assume not, as it was pretty clear that they are working on things and aren't going to talk about them until they are done, so here it is again: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/transfer-window-update-1788668.aspx

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
of course I have respect for other people's views.
but sending an open letter to the Club's chairman three weeks ahead of transfer deadline is an utter nonsense, and frankly seems a bit attention seeking.
I am sorry but some people need to get a sense check right now. I don't agree with the way certain things have been handled so far, but god there's some overreaction.

if in September you feel our squad has been decimated this letter may feel a little more justified.

Bang on.

We are actually in a better position than we were after 2 games last season, and the one before that.

Do all these attention-seeking bellends actually genuinely expect the club to provide a daily bulletin on their transfer targets?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here