Only 8000 to see Reading.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Any idea what time? I got to the ground unfathomably early due to the person I was with being all aquiver at seeing his Rolexness, think they felt a bit duped. Karma doubled back and slapped me in the face when I ended up paying £1 a minute for his naval Dutchness's appearance.

you mean you missed him doing his 'Number One Single' just before the teams came out...? Shame on you......think that's what it was, wouldn't know tbh....

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
you mean you missed him doing his 'Number One Single' just before the teams came out...? Shame on you......think that's what it was, wouldn't know tbh....

Are you serious? Cripes. All we could see were Gully's Girls, we were babbling on and on about how normal they look compared to the horrible make-up strewings of American cheerleaders, all the while missing our hit of grime for the evening. You can't be right, bet he played Dick's Bar at some ungodly hour to a crowd of bewildered pie munchers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
8,000 what a great attendance for a friendly (Testimonial )
Olympics on tv
Midweek game
Loads of people on summer Holiday abroad
The game against Chelsea on sat
People hard up for cash
Well done everyone who went what's all the moaning about only 8,000
Turning up

People on holiday when Fat Frank Lampard came down, too.

17,000 to watch Frank, but 8,000 to respect Kuipers.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Are you serious? Cripes. All we could see were Gully's Girls, we were babbling on and on about how normal they look compared to the horrible make-up strewings of American cheerleaders, all the while missing our hit of grime for the evening. You can't be right, bet he played Dick's Bar at some ungodly hour to a crowd of bewildered pie munchers.

He sung standing right next to the tunnel just before the teams came out, to me from the other side he was just shouting in an 'urban stylie' but I gather the kids dig it

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I had a couple of people remark on the crowd. My retort was "why didn't you go then?"

pea

Dec 28, 2011
North Laine
Southampton played out a similar draw against Bristol City on the same day, equalising late and the attendance was under 3,000. Its just typical of these games to not attract any interest, surprised there was any more than 100 Reading fans really considering that we were surrounded by empty seats in lower west. Nice not to be segregated though, had a good laugh with the people near us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports