Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 8000 to see Reading.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He should have got subbed at half-time. Would have been most fitting.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Tonight I saw what the Amex will be like when we are back in league two....hope it's a long way away.

Wish Kuipers was given more than 15 minutes too seemed a bit harsh.

Very much this, North was a bit more subdued than normal but still tried to get the place noisy - didnt really work though.

Look at the positives tonight - we have played 2 Premier League teams and we havent lost - i think we are very ready for the season now.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
If we want an atmosphere this season can we at least all sing at the same frigging time! That may help instead of sounding like a bunch of f***ing mumbling idiots. Does my wick in.........Anyhow, looked good at times tonight.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Stats at the Reading game....Att 8,107....away fans 194...away fans in WSL near the south stand .
Michel was subbed after 15 mins.
Overall Albion's passing was fast and crisp.
I have no fears about struggling this season if they play like this but just hope they have'nt raised their game because of Premiership opposition.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I loved the little look between the bench and Kuipers when we got the goal kick! :lolol: And then Poyet hurriedly getting Kuszczak ready to come on. Was quite comical, surely his kicking has come a little bit?! Classic though, and what a save. His celebration of it was truly magnificent, spinning around and pumping his fists at the North. Beautiful scenes.

Attachments

• Kuipers.jpg
    Kuipers.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Wonderful evening, really enjoyed my first game, there were no problems at station, queue was cleared very quickly. Due to health I am not sure when I will go again but it was amazing. North Stand really singing well, I can only imagine what a full crowd sounds like.
Gutted by the late goal though

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
8,000 what a great attendance for a friendly (Testimonial )
Olympics on tv
Midweek game
Loads of people on summer Holiday abroad
The game against Chelsea on sat
People hard up for cash
Well done everyone who went what's all the moaning about only 8,000
Turning up

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stats at the Reading game....Att 8,107....away fans 194...away fans in WSL near the south stand .
Michel was subbed after 15 mins.
Overall Albion's passing was fast and crisp.
I have no fears about struggling this season if they play like this but just hope they have'nt raised their game because of Premiership opposition.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I loved the little look between the bench and Kuipers when we got the goal kick! :lolol: And then Poyet hurriedly getting Kuszczak ready to come on. Was quite comical, surely his kicking has come a little bit?! Classic though, and what a save. His celebration of it was truly magnificent, spinning around and pumping his fists at the North. Beautiful scenes.

I thought they should have let him shank one out of play for old times sake :lolol:

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
wish Kuipers had stayed on longer but i enjoyed tonight,esp when he saved and turned round with fists pumping...i wasnt at the chelski game but the ground is looking fab,so much better than last season,we played well.looking foward to a good season

Londoncalling

Jul 20, 2012
An aside, some West Lower outlets ran out of hot food early on and all ketchup dispensers were empty. Minor but bloody annoying.

goldfish

Jul 10, 2011
Peacehaven
Really disappointed in the attendance to be honest, I don’t care if it is only Reading, I would have gone had it been against Yeading just for the chance to finally see the Former Dutch Marine play at Falmer.

I guess we are now in the minority, people who would much rather acclaim a true Brighton Legend than watch Chelsea, people who never get on Ashley Barnes’s back but instead sit back and think how much better he is than Mahoney-Johnson or Andy Kennedy, people who don’t mind queuing 10 minutes for a quality pie whilst regaling each other with stories of the after effects of a Goldstone Burger.

You will find us at every home game, even now one year after the dream was realised staring open mouthed in wonder of the place rather than whinging about 50p beer price increases and queues for the train.

So it is left to us to salute the legend, we few, we happy few, we band of brothers!

Perfectly put!

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
in regards to the away attendance i think that was completely fabricated, I couldn't work out where they were, and my friend's wsl tickets had AWAY supporter printed on it. ??? even though he was Brighton

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Nice to see the chef. Bloody good pie he made too.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
in regards to the away attendance i think that was completely fabricated, I couldn't work out where they were, and my friend's wsl tickets had AWAY supporter printed on it. ??? even though he was Brighton

My ticket was printed on paper that said away, the ticket guy said it was just the stock they were using and meant nothing. There was quite a few away fans in that corner

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
My ticket was printed on paper that said away, the ticket guy said it was just the stock they were using and meant nothing. There was quite a few away fans in that corner

fair enough, but did those ticket count towards that away supporters figure? what corner were you in please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here