Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Never knew it was there in the first place, but nice to know that's a place to swerve. Doesn't feel right this one.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If anybody pays this, they're letting down the whole fanbase.

I understand the club has to make money. I get it. The Championship is expensive. I can even (just about) tolerate them pricing a £10 Nike teamwear shirt at £45. We've sacrificed any kind of caring about quality/design/individuality for the sake of "Nike shifts units, so **** everything else". Fair enough. That's football.

But to target a group of people so important to the club. To take something aimed at KIDS. To take something which is free, charging £250 per PERSON and chucking in a programme for good measure. That is 100% taking the royal piss out of fans. But worse, it's a sign that somewhere in the club, there's somebody who thinks they can milk the fans for all they possibly can and sod the consequences for those who can't afford it.

It's families FFS.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Meanwhile, fans wishing to use the Seven Stars Sports Bar in the East Stand can now guarantee a place by booking on a seasonal basis for £250.

Think I'll stick to having a guaranteed place at the Evening Star for sweet Fanny Adams. Idiots!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If anybody pays this, they're letting down the whole fanbase.

I understand the club has to make money. I get it. The Championship is expensive. I can even (just about) tolerate them pricing a £10 Nike teamwear shirt at £45. We've sacrificed any kind of caring about quality/design/individuality for the sake of "Nike shifts units, so **** everything else". Fair enough. That's football.

But to target a group of people so important to the club. To take something aimed at KIDS. To take something which is free, charging £250 per PERSON and chucking in a programme for good measure. That is 100% taking the royal piss out of fans. But worse, it's a sign that somewhere in the club, there's somebody who thinks they can milk the fans for all they possibly can and sod the consequences for those who can't afford it.

It's families FFS.
I bet some people will pay it though - and I bet some will say that those people who are complaining are just moaners who should just shut up and support the club FFS

It's interesting for me (as someone who has always complained about the high prices of everything from the tickets to the beer) to see that this apparently is the line in the sand where even lthe majority of oyal STHs that the club really are taking the piss. I guess Barber will push it as much as he can until he finally finds a charge that NO ONE will pay. I wonder what that will be?

There may also be a waiting list of supporters for a 1901 lounge which the club thought they could create a space for such supporters. Financial it makes sense as all of those who previously used this bar have alternative options in their respective concourses just without the seating.

I wouldn't be suprised if they closed Dicks bar and ushered those fans into a concourse.

As supporters we have got a plush new stadium with incredible facilities which hardly any other general supporters would have free access to at many other stadiums across the country
Those of us who battled to get the Club to agree to Dick's Bar opening on match days will have something to say if it is taken away from us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Those of us who battled to get the Club to agree to Dick's Bar opening on match days will have something to say if it is taken away from us.

Absolutely. The club will find that the fans who fought for the stadium, have lost none of their fight if they perceive they are losing something, which is theirs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seems a shame, it was a pleasure to take my son in there following the 4 hour car journey from Wales. We'll use the Swan now instead.

Nice one BHAFC.

i may have missed something, you will not go there because the club is charging a fee to reserve a place? or are they actually charging entry now (not said in the article)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
i may have missed something, you will not go there because the club is charging a fee to reserve a place? or are they actually charging entry now (not said in the article)
I'm not paying a fee to enter when you can get a decent pint and burger across the road. If it's still free to use I'll use it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the reaction to this need to be tempered with asking how many free supporters bars has the club provided to fans in its entire history?

Having 1 these days must be quite unique in itself, even back in the day supporters club bars at stadium were rare, especially just bowling up like at Dicks.

So to provide 2 bars for free on match days is probably unique throughout football, coupled with keeping concourses open well after games - we must surely be one of the most fan friendly clubs in the country in that regard.

I'm not sure where £250 comes from, and for me massively expensive, but I can understand it, and respect people who were using it for free. However given the above can't say I'm either angry or surprised. We still offer more than this club has ever done in its history. Live bands and drinks outside, Dicks bar, concourses - we are a spoilt bunch if you step back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So post-match families can go in an ( improved ? ) East Stand bar no matter where they sit in the ground.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they are allowed into Dick's Bar to run around in pre-match as well.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think the reaction to this need to be tempered with asking how many free supporters bars has the club provided to fans in its entire history?

Having 1 these days must be quite unique in itself, even back in the day supporters club bars at stadium were rare, especially just bowling up like at Dicks.

So to provide 2 bars for free on match days is probably unique throughout football, coupled with keeping concourses open well after games - we must surely be one of the most fan friendly clubs in the country in that regard.

I'm not sure where £250 comes from, and for me massively expensive, but I can understand it, and respect people who were using it for free. However given the above can't say I'm either angry or surprised. We still offer more than this club has ever done in its history. Live bands and drinks outside, Dicks bar, concourses - we are a spoilt bunch if you step back.

This with Whistles and Bells on it, we are spoils as fans and unfortunately not many clubs do anywhere near as much for their fans as we get. It only takes a few trips to away grounds to see how good we have it

This with Whistles and Bells on it, we are spoils as fans and unfortunately not many clubs do anywhere near as much for their fans as we get. It only takes a few trips to away grounds to see how good we have it

I'm sorry, but charging a family up to £1,000 just to get into a room where they can spend more money is NOT offering anybody anything. It's certainly not spoiling the fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Wigan has a great free bar for away fans. There's plenty of room and a giant screen. Most of the other grounds have concourses, where some are better than others. Cardiff, is great.

Charging to use a bar is a new low imo. The only perk for this charge is a programme.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Whoever came up with this idea needs their head examined and whoever is defending it should seek medical treatment as soon as possible as it cannot be healthy to have your head rammed so far up the club's arse that you can see the light from its mouth

Seven Stars was the best bar in the ground but bugger paying £250 for it. The cheapest season ticket at Man City for an adult last season was £299. And here is Barber saying that a warm Heineken and a pool table is worth £49 less than watching Aguero and De Bruyne every week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here