Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Having used the bar a lot for the last 2 years with my father-in-law, 2 sons and (when they came to a game), my 2 girls it is a shame that families are losing out on the facility. It really was a nice place to go with the kids and also the only place to meet with friends in other stands for a pre-match beer (especially when cold or wet). We'd make more of a day out of it, arrive early and relax, buy some food, few drinks and catch up with news or whatever game was on TV.
My kids and I will be sad to lose such a great place and will no doubt go and spend our money elsewhere, arrive later, not bother with the club shop and go straight into the stand just before KO.
Now it has been clarified that this is to become a members only bar, I can understand where they are coming from and they will have no trouble selling out the 160 places - for those who already buy season tickets and use them as a corporate perk, or for entertaining clients (not officially like 1901) - £250 for entrance to an exclusive lounge/bar is nothing, moreso if it is just by using a lanyard that could be passed around and especially with it's cool sports theme - much better than the drab lounges in 1901....

Big disappointment to lose out but here's hoping they massively improve the concourses, which are generally dank, souless, provide no seating for older or younger fans, no natural light, poor food and drink with massive queues and somewhere I currently resent spending money.

Last edited:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Big disappointment to lose out but here's hoping they massively improve the concourses, which are generally dank, souless, provide no seating for older or younger fans, no natural light, poor food and drink with massive queues and somewhere I currently resent spending money.

This i believe is the main area they must focus on, they must lose so much money from the lack of organisation at the catering units on the concourses.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having used the bar a lot for the last 2 years with my father-in-law, 2 sons and (when they came to a game), my 2 girls it is a shame that families are losing out on the facility. It really was a nice place to go with the kids and also the only place to meet with friends in other stands for a pre-match beer (especially when cold or wet). We'd make more of a day out of it, arrive early and relax, buy some food, few drinks and catch up with news or whatever game was on TV.
My kids and I will be sad to lose such a great place and will no doubt go and spend our money elsewhere, arrive later, not bother with the club shop and go straight into the stand just before KO.
Now it has been clarified that this is to become a members only bar, I can understand where they are coming from and they will have no trouble selling out the 160 places - for those who already buy season tickets and use them as a corporate perk, or for entertaining clients (not officially like 1901) - £250 for entrance to an exclusive lounge/bar is nothing, moreso if it is just by using a lanyard that could be passed around and especially with it's cool sports theme - much better than the drab lounges in 1901....

I asked about seats on the concourses and was told by PB, there was one (ONE) in the north stand concourse. It was covered in dust because no-one used it.
Of course, no-one uses one seat,when the rest of their friends are standing in the middle. I would appreciate several seats on the concourse so that we can sit and drink together.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I asked about seats on the concourses and was told by PB, there was one (ONE) in the north stand concourse. It was covered in dust because no-one used it.
Of course, no-one uses one seat,when the rest of their friends are standing in the middle. I would appreciate several seats on the concourse so that we can sit and drink together.

Where is this North Stand seat of which you speak? :moo:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There is a large commercial area being underused or misused so the club try to turn it into a money making exercise and yet people moan, I'm with Barber on this one, kids are catered for in the Family Stand area and I bet if a question is raised at the Forum Barber will say it is sold out or nearly sold out.
£250 a season for a guaranteed access to a pre/after match lounge, free programme etc in my mind makes it an attractive deal and will easily sell out.
LICKER! Typical comment there from Perry's POODLE!

You are hereby dismissed from the ARS, All of us Momentus activists have got together, we're getting you Baberites out of our party. We've had a vote and we've decided you're not the type of person we want to lead us in this next campaign. :)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Out of interest, what would people pay pa for an exclusive bar with Sky Sports, next to the Amex, with a free parking space for all matches. Oh, and you get a decent gym, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, classes and access to tennis/squash/racquetball facilities 364 days a year. Plus reciprocal facilities close to many away grounds?

PG

And I may be able to get you half price discount too!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was always a que about 4 people deep buying loads of food and drink so I don't buy that.

Most places in the stadium we can only DREAM of a 4 people deep catering queue. Double or treble that is the norm for every damn thing. I'd guess that about 60% of people looking at the queues don't even bother, and about two thirds of the people who do join the queue have no chance of ever reaching the front of the queue at peak times. That's the REAL challenge for the club to address.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

There's no entertaining anyone. It's £250 per person, you can't invite your mates, clients, family members etc. They have to fork out £250 or they can't come in.
I agree with you about improving concourses. There aren't enough tv's, they don't have enough with sky or BT sports instead of the club advert feed. The club need to make an area where friends from other stands can meet up pre match. It's that or lose out to the pubs.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Most places in the stadium we can only DREAM of a 4 people deep catering queue. Double or treble that is the norm for every damn thing. I'd guess that about 60% of people looking at the queues don't even bother, and about two thirds of the people who do join the queue have no chance of ever reaching the front of the queue at peak times. That's the REAL challenge for the club to address.

4 people deep, with a really small bar, the slowest staff ever and only 3 staff on, 2 behind the bar and one delivering and clearing. It sold as many pints as the staff could (slowly) sell. Also the club capped the capacity. There was often loads of room and if they got rid of a pool table only a handful were using and the poor layout, you would have got double in there. You'd need another bar or beer stand though. Agree with the ques in other areas, do the club care? Sodexo are paying them a percentage, ques are good in PB's eyes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's no entertaining anyone. It's £250 per person, you can't invite your mates, clients, family members etc. They have to fork out £250 or they can't come in.
I agree with you about improving concourses. There aren't enough tv's, they don't have enough with sky or BT sports instead of the club advert feed. The club need to make an area where friends from other stands can meet up pre match. It's that or lose out to the pubs.
So you are saying the entry passes arn't transferrable, and it is not possible for a company to buy a few for corporate entertaining ? ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I haven't see anywhere where it's £250 for yourself +1.

The suggestion is if you buy a few (non-1901) seats for corporate entertainment purposes, you could also buy a Seven Stars 'membership' for each seat so you could take your guests, which may vary from game to game, to the lounge. So, for example, 4 season tickets and 4 Seven Stars memberships.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here