Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Club One Ambition is gone

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Stand or Fall" has come to the fore over the last few years and is likely to prove to be timeless in the same way as Liverpool's 'You'll never walk alone" - both are extracted from club anthems.

So, #StandOrFall or #GOSBTS?

#NowLetYourHeartsBeGay ?

Just putting it out there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#notbuyingwingerssince2011

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Isn't this just an example of the club embracing modern media channels?

Hashtags are an inescapable fact of that modern media

'One Club, one ambition' was a bit pompous, so they decide to go for something at the other end of the scale and still they get flamed.

I really don't see what the problem is.

Oh I don't mind the use of hashtags in marketing. But the entire point of a hashtag is to make a searchable string with which you can search for relevant content. Having a hashtag of #Together is about as much use as writing "google search "SPORT" to find our webpage!"

#HineyArt on the other hand.....

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seriously was that actually published or just your interpretation of the statement?

Interpretation...I was sure that they knew Sami had no experience so it would be a learning curve and after two years of playoffs we were never going to keep that up. Mid table would have been the target, not realising that actually it was a dreadful season and we were lucky to stay in this division as the three below us imploded

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
"Stand or Fall" has come to the fore over the last few years and is likely to prove to be timeless in the same way as Liverpool's 'You'll never walk alone" - both are extracted from club anthems.

Well said Bozza. I love "Stand or Fall" and all that it represents. No other phrase is required. And you can tell them all.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Derby have #thenextchapter this season as branding on their season ticket ads etc

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
surely something like #WeAreBrighton would be much better to avoid sifting through tweets like '#been #together #with #my #baby #1week #inlove #omg '

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
With few exceptions, there will be very few people involved in coming up with stuff like #Together, who will have any sort of longevity at the club. We will all outlast them by decades.

It is our club.

As such, rather than having rotating annual corporate gobbledygook phrases, it should be our job to form, adopt and use a phrase. That is if we actually want one.

#StandOrFall

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
With few exceptions, there will be very few people involved in coming up with stuff like #Together, who will have any sort of longevity at the club. We will all outlast them by decades.

It is our club.

As such, rather than having rotating annual corporate gobbledygook phrases, it should be our job to form, adopt and use a phrase. That is if we actually want one.

As I was reading through this thread I was thinking this and was about to post but you've done it for me. We don't need a different slogan every season or every other season, we just need stand or fall or for Sussex by the sea. Don't **** around with corporate bollocks. I really do think those at the club are becoming more and more out of touch with the fans and reality.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's easy, isn't it? When you tweet with your #BHAFC hashtag, also add #StandOrFall (where space allows).

Combined, fans create far more social traffic than the club.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Corporate boXXXcks is such a waste of time can't see why the club persists with it as the only winners are the slogan makers who probably make an absurd amount to come up with that !!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Combined, fans create far more social traffic than the club.

But for what ultimate purpose? It's a genuine question - I don't see the point of any of it but I'm happy to be persuaded.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We could be in the premier league by now if #Gus had got his head turned by #sunderland and really #Garcia could have got lucky against the #Rams but then they are probably more ambitious than us or are they, I don't really know. I do love the Albion though, as long as we are in #blueandwhitestripes otherwise forget it none of that 1983 all blue rubbish.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Btw I actually agree with Bozza and would personally vote for #standorfall just felt like rambling #nonsenae

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here