Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Club One Ambition is gone

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
"Keep the Faith" and a photo of Micky Adams looking like he was about the punch you, was all we needed back in the Withdean years........

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Isn't this just an example of the club embracing modern media channels?

Hashtags are an inescapable fact of that modern media

'One Club, one ambition' was a bit pompous, so they decide to go for something at the other end of the scale and still they get flamed.

I really don't see what the problem is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe those Legends wall banners have been taken down so we can have a series of classic motivational hashtags in their place, all on pastel backgrounds with a Nike swish. You know, just to re-emphasise and drive home the brand awareness, and make sure everyone knows what we, as a club, stand for within our own market demographic, ya ?

#OneClubOneAmbition
#Together
#PremierLeagueReady
#WorkingVeryVeryHard
#FFPCompliant
#SeasonLongLoan
#Won'tStandInTheirWay
#JudgeUsInSeptember

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Maybe those Legends wall banners have been taken down so we can have a series of classic motivational hashtags in their place, all on pastel backgrounds with a Nike swish. You know, just to re-emphasise and drive home the brand awareness, and make sure everyone knows what we, as a club, stand for within our own market demographic, ya ?

#OneClubOneAmbition
#Together
#PremierLeagueReady
#WorkingVeryVeryHard
#FFPCompliant
#SeasonLongLoan
#Won'tStandInTheirWay
#JudgeUsInSeptember

Classic :laugh:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In the 50s, if there was a billboard outside the ground with message 'Come and roar on The Albion', I wonder if it would have caused any heated debate in the local tea rooms?

Because that's what this is, just using today's media.

'Roar on the Albion' would be a lot better than this nonsensical use of hashtags.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Isn't this just an example of the club embracing modern media channels?

Hashtags are an inescapable fact of that modern media

'One Club, one ambition' was a bit pompous, so they decide to go for something at the other end of the scale and still they get flamed.

I really don't see what the problem is.

Because it's what a College level media student would come up with except we probably paid someone thousands to do it, as eloquently described by Easy Ten it doesn't actually make any sense to hash tag such a broad term.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
In the 50s, if there was a billboard outside the ground with message 'Come and roar on The Albion', I wonder if it would have caused any heated debate in the local tea rooms?

Because that's what this is, just using today's media.

I can except that as it was appropriate to bring in fans, but what do these last two Albion statements mean exactly. Have the club actually explained what their thoughts are behind these two mission statements. I was unfortunate in having to work nearly all my life for American companies who loved all that kind of bullshit and I have never ever seen or heard of one that actually achieved anything, other than p*ss takes from the staff it meant to jolly along.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did we achieve that ambition what ever it was.
I used to see that and think what exactly is the ambition of the Directors, Staff, Players and Fans that all together we were aiming for, was it ever stated?

Yes the ambition was to remain in the championship...which is what we did! I suppose

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have to be thankful they didn't come up with #2Gether

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Give it another season or two and we'll probably have the likes of THIS plastered around the stadium

workout_motivational_poster-r0be8e639ded848b18bc3b8d9b025cd32_a11ty_8byvr_324.jpg

poster-motivational_00379898.jpg

d302184bb336aa86afab3a26d07b41a4.jpg

Motivational-Posters-100.jpg

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Maybe the club will think up a theme tune to go with the new #Together logo
Maybe we could all sway Toghether before kick off singing THE FARMS "ALL TOGETHER NOW" rip roaring stuff

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
#gosbts

We know what is means and it means something to the fans and nothing else is required.
Keep all other marketing (premier league ready) in house...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here