Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home from Derby - not good enough

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Derby fans being far more complimentary about BHAFC than our own fans.

"They are the best team we've played this year. It shows how good their squad is when Dobbie is on the bench. I wouldn't sleep for a week if he signed for us."

"Brighton were decent but lacked pace, i know they had Mackail Smith out, Buckley went off but although Orlandi, Lopez etc are all good footballers, they're too slow. Dunno why they didnt bring Lua Lua on, he terrorised us at there place last year, good player imo. If they can get Buckley and Vicente out regularly they'll be near the top."

"Brighton are better than us. Better to watch and they'll finish higher. And there's reason to believe they could be in the Premiership one day soon.

They didn't get like this over night though. They have developed a way of playing and stick to it. They won't change under Poyet."

Maybe we could swap some of our lot.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I didn't go to the game, but I havnt heard how the untouchable Mr Barnes did?!..... was he as 'useful' as he normally is? :eek::eek:.... what does Toby have to do to get a run out?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I didn't go to the game, but I havnt heard how the untouchable Mr Barnes did?!..... was he as 'useful' as he normally is? :eek::eek:.... what does Toby have to do to get a run out?

No better or worse than most of the team.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

No better or worse than most of the team.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Had we won against Brum and Ipswich I think most would have been pleased with a draw away at Derby, looks like panic is settung in though.

Every team in this division will have a poor run of games at some point over the season, just look at Blackpool now. Palace are on a hot run at the moment but it won't last, they never do.

Teams respect and fear us so are setting up differently ti stifle our game, we're not really used to that as in previous years teams would see us as an easy 3 points.

Once we work out how to break these type of teams down the goals and points will come and I think we'll have a successful season.

explymouthnige

explymouthnige
Jul 5, 2009
Upper Beeding
Originally Posted by RM-Taylor

From the outset and the way we set up it was quite obvious to all in the away end that we'd be lucky to leave with a point. I have to say that is the worst Albion performance I've seen in the 4 games I've seen so far this season. Players had no battle or any will.

Albion fans have a new boo-boy favourite though with people already on Dobbie's back. He's not a striker, you can tell that by the positions he takes up on the field.

Difficult 3 games coming up, be delighted if we can get 5 points

Were you the Palace supporter in the stand to the left??!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know it's early but so far, I don't think Lopez offers anything more than we've already got, he's good to have in the squad for depth but so far I haven't seen the reason why he was playing in La Liga all his career..

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Originally Posted by RM-Taylor

From the outset and the way we set up it was quite obvious to all in the away end that we'd be lucky to leave with a point. I have to say that is the worst Albion performance I've seen in the 4 games I've seen so far this season. Players had no battle or any will.

Albion fans have a new boo-boy favourite though with people already on Dobbie's back. He's not a striker, you can tell that by the positions he takes up on the field.

Difficult 3 games coming up, be delighted if we can get 5 points

Were you the Palace supporter in the stand to the left??!!

It is interesting as some derby fans were suggesting we were the best team they've played this season?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Have to agree with this. When compared with the other teams in the league we are doing well. Gus is a very good manager at this level, trying to get the most from what he has. Add a fit CMS, in form and we will be sneaking games like this 1-0.
Other clubs don't like playing us, and that's a compliment.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It is interesting as some derby fans were suggesting we were the best team they've played this season?

Ok, lets look at the facts here - if we assume the poster said this after having only watched home games then heres what we are better than

Sheff Wed
Watford
charlton
Burnley

I could have told you that, and ive never seen em.................

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wel, I'm not going to moan about today's result - I've been following the Albion for fifty years, and for at least forty of those, I should estimate, a 0-0 draw away at Derby County would have been enthusiastically welcomed as something of a triumph! Still a bit disappointed though - which just goes to show how far we've come in the last few years.

Word for word THIS.

Frankly the opening post is an embarassment from someone who seems to be more focussed on getting a reaction. Well you got your look-at-me moment but to be honest you mainly succeeded in looking pretty dumb.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We did lack pace up front today. Dobbie certainly isn't quick although showed some nice touches....his lay off to David L to set up his shooting opportunity was excellent. Barnes seemed to drop a bit deeper in the later stages when Derby started to put us under some pressure. Thought it was a bit negative not giving Lua Lua a run out for the last 15 mins as David seemed to tire a bit. Overall though I thought we played some excellent football, and when we have all our currently injured players back, we'll be a real force. Was great to have Bruno back.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We were poor today. The 1st half was one of the worst I have ever seen..

Seriously. You have either supported Brighton for one year or you are talking utter shit. So it was worse than three entire seasons as we got relegated under Jimmy Case, then nearly got relegated to the conference, or game after game of defeats under Micky Adams mk2 and Russell Slade? Do you remember the season we finished 23rd in dIv 3 and only stayed up because Doncaster won about one game? Why do our fans talk utter shit?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to some he was dire like his last 3-4 performances have been.

Some people lack objectivity. He wasn't dire at Millwall, which was only three games ago. Yesterday in the 90th minute he did a 50 yard run to track back and tackle.

If you can find better value for £60,000 than Barnes then for heaven's sake let the club know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here