Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home from Derby - not good enough

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is everyone back from Derby now?

Only just got out of that business park.

Seriously though, I watched the extended highlights on the official site earlier and had forgotten just how much we did dominate that game. There were quite a few good moves at the far end in the first half that I didn't really appreciate from the away end. It also confirmed to me that Dobbie had a much better game than many have given him credit for; he had some nice touches and one-twos around the box, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how effective he will be when he plays with CMS.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Odd one, this - it's really divided opinion, and not just among the fans. The club and players seem to view it as a better result than many of the supporters, reading their post-match stuff. Personally (maybe I temper expectations more than averagely, I don't know) I still regard every point won away from home in this division as a good one.

But, I thought we lacked a bit of bite, we certainly lacked a bit of movement and had we been slightly more ambitious we could have won the game. El-Abd seemed to suggest that this is what cost us at Hull, but if they're serious about mounting a promotion challenge they can't afford to be too cautious away from home, especially when every home game is turning into an exercise in laying seige to determined defences.

Hey-ho. Maybe, if we pick up results after the international break with the (desperately missed) CM-S back, among others, this one will look better in context. But I don't much like the look of the run of games we've got coming up, so this could turn out to have been a missed opportunity.

Certainly has divided opinion. Personally thought we played well, always mightly impressed when we go away from home and impose our game on a side, and the keep the ball really well. I guess some people take that for granted now. One guy in the service station said that was the worst Albion forward line he'd ever seen. Wow... he can't have been watching us for very long! :D

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Odd one, this - it's really divided opinion, and not just among the fans. The club and players seem to view it as a better result than many of the supporters, reading their post-match stuff. Personally (maybe I temper expectations more than averagely, I don't know) I still regard every point won away from home in this division as a good one.

But, I thought we lacked a bit of bite, we certainly lacked a bit of movement and had we been slightly more ambitious we could have won the game. El-Abd seemed to suggest that this is what cost us at Hull, but if they're serious about mounting a promotion challenge they can't afford to be too cautious away from home, especially when every home game is turning into an exercise in laying seige to determined defences.

Hey-ho. Maybe, if we pick up results after the international break with the (desperately missed) CM-S back, among others, this one will look better in context. But I don't much like the look of the run of games we've got coming up, so this could turn out to have been a missed opportunity.

The good thing is though that we are unlikely to face any Birmingham / Ipswich type performances from the opposition in the next 6 games.

Middlesbrough (h) - Should be a little more adventurous.

Leicester (a), Blackpool (a) - Can't see either of these 'parking the bus'.

Leeds (h) - plenty of goals again in this fixture.

Peterborough (h) - will try to just defend, but will they have the quality to keep us out ?

Wolves (a) - Another open game.

There are some definite points to be had - perhaps more than expected 'on paper'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here