Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Olympique de Marseille vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It’s not quite as simple as just subscribing, you need a platform to watch it on. I don’t think you can just add it to your normal TV channels.

If you have Sky or Virgin TV then you can just do it through them easy enough.

If not, then you need a Smart TV where you can add apps like Netflix, Disney + etc. You should be able to add the Discovery + app and then subscribe through that & watch on your TV. You can also do it via the Amazon Prime app on TV.

If you don’t have a smart TV then you can do it via your phone, again using the discovery + app or Amazon. In theory you can stream from your phone to TV but again depends on the TV.

There are 4 TNT sports channels, we’ll be on one of them but not always the same channel, but if you subscribe you get all the channels.
That's helpful, thank you. Yes our TV remote control has buttons on it that say Netflix, Amazon and Rakouten, so I'm guessing I might be able to find Discovery+. We only watch the normal terrestrial channels so it's all a bit of an unknown.

Will give it a go.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
this little fact isn’t going to shock ANYONE…

DeZerbi and Gattuso have faced off as managers once before (in an Italian lower league play-off match). Not sure exactly what happened as it seems so out of character for these mild-mannered gents, but BOTH were sent off :clap2:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can I watch it through the TV, or would I have to watch it on my phone?
If I subscribe, will I then be able to find it somewhere in all my channels on the TV? How will my TV know I have now subscribed and allow me to have access to it?
Is it an Omsung phine?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Decided to also subscribe to Discovery+, it was almost too easy via my Amazon Prime account. Just one click, no warning or nothing, 29.99 immediately withdrawn and immediate access to D+. Excited!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The games on at 5:45?!

Why's it on so early?
So that countries with more than one team in the competition can have a element of staggering of kick offs so that armchair fans can watch both. It was explained in the draw that we would be 'paired' with a team in either the EL or ECL to alternate with. Liverpool and West Ham always kick off at alternate times and so do us and Villa. This has worked out, because of other countries involved, that our home games are all at 8pm UK time and our aways are all at 17.45 UK time.

Without the staggering, if us, Liverpool, Villa and WHU all kicked off together the broadcaster would need 4 channels to show the games at the same time.

There's also the consideration that once you get a certain way east the time difference is 2 hours and therefore these games kick off at 7.45 in those countries,

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
That's helpful, thank you. Yes our TV remote control has buttons on it that say Netflix, Amazon and Rakouten, so I'm guessing I might be able to find Discovery+. We only watch the normal terrestrial channels so it's all a bit of an unknown.

Will give it a go.
So if its like my TV you’ll have a ‘home’ button on remote control. From there you should be able to access a store or something similar. Then you can search for discovery. Good luck!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
6:45 in France, but still early.
18:45 kick offs in the Europa League have been the norm for several years now - maybe longer if I could bother checking. All in the name of live TV. Champions League has started the same this season - Union Berlin v Braga kicked off 18:45 local on Tuesday. Welcome to mainland Europe where even league games can have whacky kick off times.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
18:45 kick offs in the Europa League have been the norm for several years now - maybe longer if I could bother checking. All in the name of live TV. Champions League has started the same this season - Union Berlin v Braga kicked off 18:45 local on Tuesday. Welcome to mainland Europe where even league games can have whacky kick off times.
7.45 isn't really that whacky though, which is the early kick off time in Greece, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Israel and Cyprus while Azerbaijan is 3 hours ahead. The early k/o for us (and Ireland / Portugal) means that the late games in these countries don't start later than 10/11pm. Had our away games worked out to be the late ones people would have still be held in the AEK stadium at half midnight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It’s not quite as simple as just subscribing, you need a platform to watch it on. I don’t think you can just add it to your normal TV channels.

If you have Sky or Virgin TV then you can just do it through them easy enough.

If not, then you need a Smart TV where you can add apps like Netflix, Disney + etc. You should be able to add the Discovery + app and then subscribe through that & watch on your TV. You can also do it via the Amazon Prime app on TV.

If you don’t have a smart TV then you can do it via your phone, again using the discovery + app or Amazon. In theory you can stream from your phone to TV but again depends on the TV.

There are 4 TNT sports channels, we’ll be on one of them but not always the same channel, but if you subscribe you get all the channels.
Free on virgin channel 527

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
this little fact isn’t going to shock ANYONE…

DeZerbi and Gattuso have faced off as managers once before (in an Italian lower league play-off match). Not sure exactly what happened as it seems so out of character for these mild-mannered gents, but BOTH were sent off :clap2:
Riot police and everything! 😂

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I will be asleep for this one and expect to wake up to find we have opened our European account with at least 1 point.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Just find a dodgy stream, there will be thousands of them… if you Google Reddit streams near the kick off there will be loads of links, you just have to close a few pop ups, which can be frustrating but normally the streams are pretty reliable, albeit a minute or so behind live tv.
Just download a browser with a pop-up blocker. I recommend Brave.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
7.45 isn't really that whacky though, which is the early kick off time in Greece, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Israel and Cyprus while Azerbaijan is 3 hours ahead. The early k/o for us (and Ireland / Portugal) means that the late games in these countries don't start later than 10/11pm. Had our away games worked out to be the late ones people would have still be held in the AEK stadium at half midnight.
I get that with the time difference which those not happy with a 17:45 kick off in the UK might not have taken into account. However, I've been to league and cup games kicking off at 17:30 on a Wednesday and 18:00 on a Monday. Liga3 in Germany now has a 19:30 kick off on a Sunday. From a British fan perspective, probably would be considered whacky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here