[Albion] Olympique de Marseille vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I get that with the time difference which those not happy with a 17:45 kick off in the UK might not have taken into account. However, I've been to league and cup games kicking off at 17:30 on a Wednesday and 18:00 on a Monday. Liga3 in Germany now has a 19:30 kick off on a Sunday. From a British fan perspective, probably would be considered whacky.
Yeah, that's mental.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So that countries with more than one team in the competition can have a element of staggering of kick offs so that armchair fans can watch both. It was explained in the draw that we would be 'paired' with a team in either the EL or ECL to alternate with. Liverpool and West Ham always kick off at alternate times and so do us and Villa. This has worked out, because of other countries involved, that our home games are all at 8pm UK time and our aways are all at 17.45 UK time.

Without the staggering, if us, Liverpool, Villa and WHU all kicked off together the broadcaster would need 4 channels to show the games at the same time.

There's also the consideration that once you get a certain way east the time difference is 2 hours and therefore these games kick off at 7.45 in those countries,
In honour of tonight's opponents:

Merci pour votre explanation 👍

These 5:45 kick offs pose me a thorny problem. I was planning on getting up and watching a full match replay as live, but now I might have to stay up and watch it actually live. What to do, what to do.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The injury list keeps on growing. No Estupinan tonight (and not for the next few games either). :(

Tariq at LB? ................... or was Samuels being hooked at half time last night significant?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
marseille-png.166148
albion-png.164686

Marseille v Albion

EUROPA LEAGUE

Venue:
Stade Vélodrome
Date: Thursday 5th October 2023
Kick-off: 17:45 BST
Referee: Mykola Balakin 🇺🇦
Assistants: Oleksandr Berkut 🇺🇦, Dmytro Zaporozhenko 🇺🇦
Fourth Official: Yaroslav Kozyk 🇺🇦
VAR: Piotr Lasyk 🇵🇱
Additional VAR: Tomasz Kwiatkowski 🇵🇱
UEFA Referee Observer: Roberto Rosetti 🇮🇹
UEFA Delegate: João Morais 🇵🇹

Roberto De Zerbi and Lewis Dunk's Marseille Press Conference

Good god the questions are terrible, aren't they?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
View attachment 167649

No more messing about with streams for me!
Its my EE Mobile add on and free big screen watching as well. Trouble is the BT Sport app was sooooo much better surprised the features weren't absorbed into the Discovery / TNT universe.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I am feeling negative about this fixture, and think we're going to lose.

That said, often when I feel this way going into a game, we go and do something magical.

So who knows.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am feeling negative about this fixture, and think we're going to lose.

That said, often when I feel this way going into a game, we go and do something magical.

So who knows.
Don't worry.

I am completely pissed off that I'm not there, as I know loads who are. That pretty much guarantees a classic away trip including a fine result - maybe featuring a last minute winner. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports