[Albion] Olympique de Marseille vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Q. What does it mean to be decimated?
A. to reduce something severely:

decimate

/ˈdɛsɪmeɪt/

verb

past tense: decimated; past participle: decimated

kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of.

"the inhabitants of the country had been decimated"
Yeah, but the word literally means 'to kill one in ten' and that was its original meaning. Although i assume Estupinan hasn't been killed 😱

Anyway, have we been reduced severely? We're only missing Estupinan, Enciso and Lallana, and not sure where the other two fit into this team.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
From the Marseille forum

Bof le milieu est pas vraiment le point fort de Brighton, ce qui fait peur c'est plus les ailes, surtout Murillo vs March que je trouve vraiment bon. Je parle pas de Mitoma qui est capable de dingueries à tout moment. Avec Ferguson qui reçoit les centres y'a pas intérêt à ce que Mbemba ait sorti son transat des 6m en espérant être sur une trajectoire de ballon...

Well the midfield isn't really Brighton's strong point, what's scary is more the wings, especially Murillo vs March which I find really good. I'm not talking about Mitoma who is capable of crazy things at any time. With Ferguson receiving the crosses, there's no point in Mbemba taking his 6m deckchair out hoping to be on the ball's trajectory...

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Feel sorry for anyone in the back row 85😮🤯
img_20231005_172226-jpg.167682
IMG_20231005_172429.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_172226.jpg
    IMG_20231005_172226.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 735

Much better team - cheers Roberto!

Good lord what a terrible view for the away fans but it's all about the atmos for them - sure it will be great. We'll let them know on here when there's goals

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
In recognition of our first visit to an away venue in europe, I've got some little bottles of lager from lidl....saint bertin, biere blonde.
it's ok, but it's no carling!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports