Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympics: Puny Britain! Can't survive outside Europe?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The result of Brexit has NO bearing whatsoever on the performance in this or the recent Olympics over the past 20 years,the National Lottery funding that goes to sports at grass roots levels upwards has..

It's Great Britain that is represented not (lille ole enlgend) but that is besides the point.....50 years from now there could be minimal representation from European countries,in fact it could be just an EU single state representation at the games by then...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Royal Mail have just closed their Fund and advised that they are struggling to meet future commitments.
They are not the first but the most recent of many.
Sorry but I've parked the trolley for when you need it

My wife works in pensions and most closed their funds a couple of days after the votE. Only a short term measure though so don't worry

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The result of Brexit has NO bearing whatsoever on the performance in this or the recent Olympics over the past 20 years,the National Lottery funding that goes to sports at grass roots levels upwards has..

It's Great Britain that is represented not (lille ole enlgend) but that is besides the point.....50 years from now there could be minimal representation from European countries,in fact it could be just an EU single state representation at the games by then...

There won't be any EU in 50 yrs as it would have imploded like most dynastys

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Look at that medal table today and still sneer about "Little England" you Remainers!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016/medals/countries

Fabulous! Fabulous! Fabulous!

OP should have waited until we got our international waters back.

lo-fi.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Royal Mail have just closed their Fund and advised that they are struggling to meet future commitments.
They are not the first but the most recent of many.
Sorry but I've parked the trolley for when you need it
Terrible isn't it, I mean , it's not like any funds or final salary pension funds were closed or closed to new members before the brexit vote is it :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 22389

Terrible isn't it, I mean , it's not like any funds or final salary pension funds were closed or closed to new members before the brexit vote is it :facepalm:

Bollox isn't it. Pensions have been going down the pan for years. New employee worse terms.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Is your whole pension fund invested in equities rather than bonds then? Equities are presently at about the same level as at the end of 1999. If so, your pension is worth the same as 16 1/2 years ago.

You're joking! My pension fund is mainly invested in mutual funds (UK equity income, global equity income,UK strategic bond, India growth) and it's up around 200% since then. All of them are up at least 48% over the past 5 years. I also have a portion in autocallable income notes.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Thanks! But - wow! - you take my breath away with your arguement.

I haven't made an argument - I made a statement and my statement was based upon your desire to drag us back into the bitterness that many on both sides had hoped we could leave behind and move on.

It's the new football season and we have made a good start - why did you have to bring this up again and upset people?

Good work - I hope your are pleased with your night's work :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
I haven't made an argument - I made a statement and my statement was based upon your desire to drag us back into the bitterness that many on both sides had hoped we could leave behind and move on.

It's the new football season and we have made a good start - why did you have to bring this up again and upset people?

Good work - I hope your are pleased with your night's work :thumbsup:
fair play to him i say
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
We might have to lose Bruno in the British spine, he is just a little bit Spanish. I for one would be delighted to lose Knockeart though, if it meant we could see your smiling face at the Amex.
OH DEAR YOU BEEN CAUGHT OUT by my imposter, THERE'S ONLY ONE DR :wave:
regards
DR

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What a sad miserable bunch of depressives some of you are.

I wasn't trying to wind people up - perhaps cheer you up!

Why? Because I'm not one of those people who dismiss Britain as a second class nation.

I must admit - I underestimated how sore some of you are after 'that' result.

Some of the comments, regarding Brighton's foreign players for example, are utterly pathetic - and you call me stupid.

Just remember - in every facet of human endeavour in the modern era - this country has excelled.

I see nothing in the foreseeable future changing that - especially with the expertise of people from all over the world - particularly our friends from Europe.

Feel free to disagree!

Oh yes, forgot....if you voted Remain that must mean you're anti-Britain. It would be nice if all those patriotic Leavers could get off their arses and sort out what sort of Brexit they want. It's been nearly two months now, and STILL we have no plan!!

Jan 30, 2008
Oh yes, forgot....if you voted Remain that must mean you're anti-Britain. It would be nice if all those patriotic Leavers could get off their arses and sort out what sort of Brexit they want. It's been nearly two months now, and STILL we have no plan!!
HOW DO YOU KNOW :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
It's illogical idiocy like this which resulted in the leave vote. And the inference that remain voters might not want Team GB to thrive at the Olympics emphasises the idiocy.

we weren't going to thrive remaining in the EU THAT'S WHY 52% voted to leave, general view was that leavers were generally weak defeatists ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here