Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympics: Puny Britain! Can't survive outside Europe?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Don't talk about the financial situation. People will call you a moron, claim you don't know what you are talking about and deny that the situation is bad because they haven't felt it yet.

Anyway, does anyone really think we'll leave the EU? If you do, again, deluded about our position in the world. Carry on, little Englanders.

How's your pension fund and ISA investments doing? I'll wager they're up at least 5% since June 23rd. if not, you need to move your pension to someone who knows what they're doing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Golf is all-Ireland at amateur level and he'd always competed for Ireland before. The Good Friday agreement and dual citizenship and all that comes into play too, as well as governing bodies of sports being all-Ireland.

Barry McGuigan competed for Northern Ireland at the commonwealth games and the Moscow Olympics for Ireland as the Irish Amateur Boxing Association is all-Ireland too for example. A fair few boxers have done that. Rugby Union, Cricket, Hockey, David Cup tennis - a lot of sports are all-Ireland.
Learn something new.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
OP is right we are better off without the eu. need to get rid of the foriegners at the Albion to before i come back. Thats why we should keep Stevens and let Knockart go. If we have a good spine of British players like Stockdale, Bruno, Stevens and Murray then are passion will get us promoted and all you Tobys can do one.

#BrexitMeansBrexit

Regards

DR

We might have to lose Bruno in the British spine, he is just a little bit Spanish. I for one would be delighted to lose Knockeart though, if it meant we could see your smiling face at the Amex.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
What a sad miserable bunch of depressives some of you are.

I wasn't trying to wind people up - perhaps cheer you up!

Why? Because I'm not one of those people who dismiss Britain as a second class nation.

I must admit - I underestimated how sore some of you are after 'that' result.

Some of the comments, regarding Brighton's foreign players for example, are utterly pathetic - and you call me stupid.

Just remember - in every facet of human endeavour in the modern era - this country has excelled.

I see nothing in the foreseeable future changing that - especially with the expertise of people from all over the world - particularly our friends from Europe.

Feel free to disagree!

D

Deleted member 22389

Why? Because I'm not one of those people who dismiss Britain as a second class nation.

Some of the comments, regarding Brighton's foreign players for example, are utterly pathetic - and you call me stupid.

Just remember - in every facet of human endeavour in the modern era - this country has excelled.

I see nothing in the foreseeable future changing that - especially with the expertise of people from all over the world - particularly our friends from Europe.

Feel free to disagree!

Some people just love to put an absolute downer on things at the moment, like scaring the shit out of EU workers saying they might have to go home, or constantly talking down our economy to prove some point, quite frankly it is pathetic. Went down the Marina today, didn't seem much a recession going on down here with lots restaurants doing very good business about 1pm, but don't you worry once it starts pissing down in October it will all be the fault of Leavers because summer business would have tailed off.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pension funds crumble! Are you f'ing joking? Mine was up by 6% in July and has continued to increase in value through August. You are off your trolley.

Royal Mail have just closed their Fund and advised that they are struggling to meet future commitments.
They are not the first but the most recent of many.
Sorry but I've parked the trolley for when you need it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Royal Mail have just closed their Fund and advised that they are struggling to meet future commitments.

News to me, and google, care to share.

RM closed it's previous debt riddled behemoth fund to new entrants nearly 10 years ago.
The company then created a new better regulated one for all subsequent employees.

Which scheme has closed?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

The Royal Mail Pension Plan website is unaware of this. Please let them know first thing in the morning so they can find out who closed it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Feel free to disagree!

Thankyou for offering the freedom to disagree.

I do......... or at least I would more so if I thought we were likely to actually exit the EEC when it comes to the realisation that membership of EFTA is the only other game in town.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Feel free to disagree!

You sir are an utter tool!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How's your pension fund and ISA investments doing? I'll wager they're up at least 5% since June 23rd. if not, you need to move your pension to someone who knows what they're doing.

Is your whole pension fund invested in equities rather than bonds then? Equities are presently at about the same level as at the end of 1999. If so, your pension is worth the same as 16 1/2 years ago.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Feel free to disagree!

Who is dismissing Britain as a second class nation?

I voted Remain, mainly on the basis that if we stayed in and took it seriously, we could be capable at best of leading the rest by the nose, at worst of being a major leader in Europe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, it's a stupid claim. However it's no worse than the people who blame Brexit for everything from strikes to climate change.

Wrong, and horribly. The original post, which is real (I read it) is real. The bit you added, that you think is no worse, you made up. In what way are these two completely different things the same?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here