Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Olivia Newton John RIP

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better."

"Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again."

"Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever!"

"Your Danny, your John!"

danny and sandy.jpg

john and olivia.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very sad news. Grease was the first LP I ever bought, I loved the movie although - weirdly - I preferred Rizzo. RIP Olivia.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love that ... Jeff Lynne & ONJ .... pop perfection.

Yes, she was poorly cast in Xanadu. Terrible film. But thankfully folk only remember the soundtrack, which was really good. Her and Jeff Lynne, top drawer.

Contrary to others, I think Grease is awful too. But, again, the soundtrack with Olivia is just sublime.

There is a trend here. Stick Olivia in, and you could make a turd look like gold.

It's a shame that some bigger and more worthy productions didn't latch on.

RIP. Absolutely loved her.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
I managed to get ONJ's autograph outside The Dome after the Friday dress rehearsal of the Eurovision Song Contest - she was bubbly, radiant and smiling. A lovely genuine person, taken too young. So sad.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
"My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better."

"Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again."

"Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever!"

"Your Danny, your John!"

View attachment 150710

View attachment 150711

That's very touching and sad. They had an obvious chemistry.
Two lovely ladies gone in such a short space of time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, she was poorly cast in Xanadu. Terrible film. But thankfully folk only remember the soundtrack, which was really good. Her and Jeff Lynne, top drawer.

Contrary to others, I think Grease is awful too. But, again, the soundtrack with Olivia is just sublime.

There is a trend here. Stick Olivia in, and you could make a turd look like gold.

It's a shame that some bigger and more worthy productions didn't latch on.

RIP. Absolutely loved her.

I've never seen the film, I knew/know it was widely panned.

But I do love that song, Lynne's a genius and with uniquely lovely vocals, Olivia's voice so pure and she hits the notes.

I can't help but love Grease. Probably the only musical I liked as a lad, before broadening my tastes. No doubt oh so pretty Olivia helped!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've never seen the film, I knew/know it was widely panned.

But I do love that song, Lynne's a genius and with uniquely lovely vocals, Olivia's voice so pure and she hits the notes.

I can't help but love Grease. Probably the only musical I liked as a lad, before broadening my tastes. No doubt oh so pretty Olivia helped!

Don't watch Xanadu, it's painful...

But the soundtrack, bloody amazing.

She had a wonderful voice. It took a lot for me to think of my favourite track of hers. I think it's 'A little more love'. But there are so many.

My Mum was raging when she changed her image after Grease. She clearly had an appeal to all generations for my Mum to get uptight about it !

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A successful career before and after her role in Grease, which seems to be overlooked to a degree given the combined 16 weeks at number one with John Travolta and the enduring love for the film.

RIP

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Newsnight's just started on BBC2 and they'll be speaking towards the end of the programme with Didi Conn (Frenchy) about Olivia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here