Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Norwood Signs!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He strengthens the squad and gives a solid option that enables us to play 4-3-3 and gives us quality cover for the two midfield lads which with due respect to those we have currently wasn't there last season.
Absolutely. Norwood is just the sort of player who will be able to slot into that midfield two seamlessly, with little to no reduction in quality. Takes an excellent set piece also (not that we're lacking in that area these days).

We now have comfortably the strongest set of centre-mids in my time supporting the club. Truly on another level to anything I can recall.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Wouldn't give too much gravitas to owt 'Uddersfield fans come out with, not had too much to shout about since Trevor Cherry.

Looks fine to me, CH will be fully aware of his strengths and weaknesses.

Can't wait for Saturday........3 more sleeps/w@nks/hangovers to go.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just found this article. Turns out Murray and Norwood made their Reading home debuts on the same day. Both impressed, too.

Not sure if they worked well together before, but if so, maybe they will again?

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=370482

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm not sure I've ever felt so underwhelmed at an Albion signing of this quality. Not because I'm not pleased with Norwood, but because of who we could have been signing!

Anyway, welcome Oliver. A solid signing who adds real depth to our midfield (as long as this doesn't mean anyone else moving on).

Agree on both accounts. It is very unfortunate for him that it comes so soon after what may well be clear disappointment with the Pritchard affair, and of course there is the suspicion, that, had Pritchard signed, Norwood might not have been.
But welcome to him and let's move on - who knows; he could be all that we need. Who would have thought Kayal would be as good as he has turned out to be, when he signed for a paltry £300,000.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Last edited:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
We ultimately missed out on promotion last season due the injury crisis in December/January as the squad was not strong enough. I think experienced squad players like this are actually what we do need.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Well my Reading chum seems disappointed. image.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here