[Football] Ole Gunnar Solskjær - Add another to the list !

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I am familiar with three Norwegian managers:
In terms of which I’d like to be in charge of the Albion, Ole comes second ahead of Egil Olsen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am familiar with three Norwegian managers:
In terms of which I’d like to be in charge of the Albion, Ole comes second ahead of Egil Olsen.

You need to learn about Nils-Arne Eggen then! Would have been a great choice if he wasn't a little dead.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You need to learn about Nils-Arne Eggen then! Would have been a great choice if he wasn't a little dead.

Appointed Rosenborg manager on six occasions. Impressive.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Don’t underestimate the GraPott, he’s living his best life, got a stunning trouble, countless bags in the bank, he must have something. Agree with Kosh, the only person with less personality than OGS is Frank Dullard at Everton. Would not want that Lord of the Rings elfin anywhere near the Albion.

View attachment 151874

Right so things you’ve dredged up for ‘he has a personality’ are his wife and his money? :lolol:

Why aren’t these things also true of OGS?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Unlike potter, where it virtually oozes out of him? :lolol:

I’d say Potter has plenty of personality, the personality of a chartered accountant - some people would argue (other chartered accountants) that’s actually pretty interesting.

Ole is just really genuinely boring, he wouldn’t even get angry if he was booed by about 5 people like our Graham did - he’s like a rainy day in Skegness. He’s like the anti-Welbz a walking charisma bypass... he makes Oscar Garcia look like Gus.

Tactically he’s like an under 8s coach, go out and play your natural game and stick rigidly to one shape, only changing personnel and hoping that talent will win out - against any truly savvy coach he’d look like what he is a post #metoo inoffensive PE teacher... his ‘record’ against GP included some of the luckiest wins since the A team broke out of that barn (again) seemingly impervious to machine gun fire from 50 heavily armed mercenaries, and emerged from the carnage with one slight scratch.

I can’t have him as our coach not after that ****er of a penalty.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Waiting in hope for a Naylor no. If the Lens bloke who the Guardian wrote about, isn't even on the list, the Old Grumpy Scandinavian would not even be in the minds of B&B&W.

I hope.

His Caaardif team were just abysmaly inept and he has the personality of a kipper. The smoked out of date one I fed my cat.

Only ManUre manager in 50 years to not win anything.

Despite spending heading for half a BILLION quid.

And worse of all - ex ManUre.

Where's @DrNo when you need him?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Look at oles record against potter. I remember them thrashing us a few times under him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The 3-2 thrashing with the goal scored after the final whistle?

Yes, I was massively team Olly after that. Football genius.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d say Potter has plenty of personality, the personality of a chartered accountant - some people would argue (other chartered accountants) that’s actually pretty interesting.

Ole is just really genuinely boring, he wouldn’t even get angry if he was booed by about 5 people like our Graham did - he’s like a rainy day in Skegness. He’s like the anti-Welbz a walking charisma bypass... he makes Oscar Garcia look like Gus.

Tactically he’s like an under 8s coach, go out and play your natural game and stick rigidly to one shape, only changing personnel and hoping that talent will win out - against any truly savvy coach he’d look like what he is a post #metoo inoffensive PE teacher... his ‘record’ against GP included some of the luckiest wins since the A team broke out of that barn (again) seemingly impervious to machine gun fire from 50 heavily armed mercenaries, and emerged from the carnage with one slight scratch.

I can’t have him as our coach not after that ****er of a penalty.

So. Let's get this clear. You are Olly in, right? ???

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Look at oles record against potter. I remember them thrashing us a few times under him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I think that’s what I’d expect if their budget was 10 x ours. Can’t recall he did a great job at Cardiff. I feel he’s another example of great footballers not making great managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports