Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The much missed Golden Cross?

gb2.jpg

gb1.jpg

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
c.1900 shows Mr Fuggle’s Grocery Shop, 117 North Street, at the corner of Queen Square. The business was founded here in 1866 by Mr. T. Fuggle, who later amalgamated with Mr. J.S. Unwin.

View attachment 169881

View attachment 169882
up until recently I was working in an office on the top floor of this building. We were given notice to leave and Costa has also moved out. The middle floor was turned into two air bnb flats about a year ago

I believe the owners, the unscrupulous Baron Homes (the most diabolical landlords in Brighton) have applied for a two floor extension on top of the existing building and it'll all be flats

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Have you got an old pic of the Vogue Cinema from Bear Road?

I’ve early childhood memories of our annual holidays in Cornwall, the early part of which was driving down Bear Road, seeing the big cinema and kind of heading towards the Old Shoreham Road.

20-25 years before the Brighton Bypass, it was the route to take heading west.
vg1.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Wow, I've never seen a photo of the buildings pre Kingswest, from West Street.

Can't wait to show my parents. My Dad's described that area, mentioned that night time fights were the West Street thing then too and when the huge HMS Vanguard ** moored offshore, the crew coming ashore.

** something @Thunder Bolt might be interested in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow, I've never seen a photo of the buildings pre Kingswest, from West Street.

Can't wait to show my parents. My Dad's described that area, mentioned that night time fights were the West Street thing then too and when the huge HMS Vanguard ** moored offshore, the crew coming ashore.

** something @Thunder Bolt might be interested in.
I can honestly say I’ve never had a fight in West Street.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Can anyone ever remember the outdoor escalator for the Kingswest cinema ever working? And did anyone ever queue outside it when it wasn't raining?

Reactions: KNC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here