Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
My back lane up here in Cumbria. Came from an open day at Southdown Bus Depot in Victoria Road back in the mid 1970s.
View attachment 162856

And to fit the thread
View attachment 162857

View attachment 162859

Would I be right in saying that would be Cross Road then? My grandad was a conductor on the 49/49A route, he and my nan were caretakers of the Salvation Army hall, on the corner of Moulsecoomb Way and Eastergate Road, and we lived in Southwick, which was handy. As we're on this thread does anyone have a picture of the Salvation Army hall, according to Dr Google it was demolished in 1956, but this can't be right, as my grandparents didn't leave there until the early 70's, so my guess is that it was flattened in the mid-70's.
Was definitely there 60s/70s

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Would I be right in saying that would be Cross Road then? My grandad was a conductor on the 49/49A route, he and my nan were caretakers of the Salvation Army hall, on the corner of Moulsecoomb Way and Eastergate Road, and we lived in Southwick, which was handy. As we're on this thread does anyone have a picture of the Salvation Army hall, according to Dr Google it was demolished in 1956, but this can't be right, as my grandparents didn't leave there until the early 70's, so my guess is that it was flattened in the mid-70's.
Southview Road. Until they stopped up the entrances from Old Shoreham Road, the 49A used to come down Southview Road - but went back up Cross Road and Underdown Road. The 49 went via Park Lane and Kingston Lane both ways.

If only folk putting things on ebay would take better photos!!

1688146511135.png

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I well remember Brighton’s Municipal veg. Market , for wholesale traders . There was a fish market at one end . Early mornings the place was buzzing with lorries and traders vans picking up stuff . At one time there was a posh nightclub next door.
1263C517-D556-4E82-A933-641A263EF482.jpeg

Circus Street looks a bit difficult now.
186DC9F9-CD87-4679-8D62-FF4BC75B4A62.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I well remember Brighton’s Municipal veg. Market , for wholesale traders . There was a fish market at one end . Early mornings the place was buzzing with lorries and traders vans picking up stuff . At one time there was a posh nightclub next door.
View attachment 163171

Circus Street looks a bit difficult now.
View attachment 163170
The Ocean Rooms? Can't remember what it was called before that but I had my stag night there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here